Anatomy scan results :/ Baby has two club feet

milliemel

Reaction score
So I had my anatomy scan two weeks ago. I went in for my checkup today and my doctor told me that it looks look my baby has club feet. She's referring me to a high risk center for another ultrasound. Does anyone have any experience with clubfoot? I know that it's treatable, so i'm thankful that it can be fixed. Any advice would be helpful!

No experience here other than a friend having the same issue but not in both feet. It's generally caused by either genetics, smoking during pregnancy, or not enough amniotic fluid. I wish you the best and very glad its treatable.

I nannied for a family and one of their twins had Club feet.

I'm sure there is varying degrees at which this presents, but he slept with a device that slowly rotated his legs to the correct position both for bedtime and naps. He learned to walk right on cue.

As far as i know its very treatable, They just gradually turn the feet with stints. I am sure it will all be fine <3

At my anatomy scan 3 weeks ago I was also told my daughter has clubbed feet.

I was panicking like you would not believe. Scared the life out of myself by Googling it. It's highly treatable, worst case scenario is your LO will need splints & an extremely minor surgical procedure. I do think the worst part of it is that you don't know how severe it is until LO is born...

I posted on several forums and all the feedback I got was: most children born with it, who get treatment, go on to hit their developmental milestones at the right time, learn how to walk, crawl, etc.

I know someone who has a baby with a club foot. He wears a brace and is doing great! Developing completely normally and is as cute as a button. It is very treatable.

My son is 4 1/2 and he was diagnosed with bilateral club feet at my 20 week scan. First of all take a deep breath...it can be fixed. Try not to worry too much when they talk about associated syndromes. They have to say that but it's often rare.
If you are in the UK look up the Steps charity website. They are awesome. Also there is a great Facebook group called Happy Feet Talipes New*
They were a big help to me. Also look up on the Ponsetti website for your closest Ponsetti trained orthopaedic surgeon or Physio team.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->