Anatomy Ultrasound - Wrong?

T

teachermom14

Hi everyone! First post....

I had my anatomy ultrasound this week at 19 weeks and was told baby is a girl because the tech "couldn't see any boy parts".

Has anyone been told their having a girl because the absence of a visual penis in the ultrasound and then later had a boy?

TIA!

I would be inclined to believe the ultrasound tech. When we had our anatomy scan at 18+5, the "boy parts" were very clearly present, even without the tech pointing them out. Sounds like you have a baby girl on the way! :happydance:

That's how I found out this was a girl...at 16 w there was no boy parts and got confirmed at 20w

My boys parts were definitely there at 16 weeks, and again at 20 weeks.

Thanks ladies!! I didn't want to start prepping for a girl just in case because some people were telling me girls have "3 lines" which baby also didn't have or at least tech didn't see and legs were crossed!

I wouldn't take it as 100% sure if her legs were crossed but more than likely its a girl! My girly didn't have the obvious 3 lines but was indeed a girl :)

I would be cautious about planning too much based on that. It's very likely the tech was right, since many boy parts are obvious at that stage. However, all of the "wrong gender" stories I've seen about girls that turned out to be boys occurred when the baby was labeled a girl simply because no obvious boy parts were seen. I would feel more comfortable only if the actual labia was seen. Though, in my case, even with the labia being visualized I was still nervous until it had been confirmed 4 times at separate ultrasounds. (So I may be more cautious than most. LOL)

I have to agree that boys are very obvious. We could tell with our son as soon as the wand was placed on my stomach. Poor ultrasound tech kept trying to measure his other parts but he kept moving making sure we could see his business haha.
Girls are a bit trickier, especially when the legs are crossed but I would say more than likely, baby is a girl as if there was a little pickle and beans, you would have definitely seen them at some point during the scan and there's no missing them, lol.
Congrats! I've still got about a month for mine and since I didn't have an N'T scan I'm hanging out for it!
Maybe go in for another scan soon just to make sure before you go buying everything in pink but more than likely you have a little princes on board <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->