...and now I'm pregnant on the the first month of "not stopping".. :-O

Leecia

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I think it's time I signed up for this forum. I've been hovering around since the ..oh several times I totally thought I was pregnant and wasn't. Because I was on the pill. (Excited much?)

In August, I had surgery to remove a 10 cm dermoid cyst from my ovary. Ovaries were left intact.

We were in Hawaii on vacation in October when we found out our offer on a house had been accepted.

Shortly after I got back from vacation, (early November) I went to the doctor complaining of persistent pain since surgery. He bans me from taking birth control pills until tests prove I don't have any cancerous tumors. An ultrasound was ordered.

Shortly before Thanksgiving, we bought our first house. It's a decent size, it's beautiful, and it's expensive. We were smart to buy something more than just a starter home..for reasons I'll explain now:

Around the same time, my mom was going through a bit of a crisis. My husband and I always agreed that having her around when we had kids would be a lifesaver. (Neither of us has any remaining family to speak of that would be able to help.

Ultrasound results come back and I'm clear. I plan to start taking the pill after my next period.

8 days after we moved in, we had a sewer crisis. (As you do when you own a home)

No period since before Hawaii. Dollar store tests say Nay.

2 weeks after we moved in (first week of December), we picked my mom up at the airport. She left her boyfriend/unhappy relationship of nearly 10 years and moved across country to live with us and help us out.

My mom says I'm grumpy and super stressed out.

No period. Dollar store tests say Nay.

A few days later, a pool leak crisis. (As you do when you have a pool..)

No period. Dollar store tests say Nay.

A week later, I meet my husband at work with an early Christmas present on his tailgate. I told him I may have broken the bank. In the box were a pair of baby shoes.

A few seconds later, I do most of the crying. Fear, excitements, and shock.

A week later, we tell the whole family by giving my mom the Christmas box I had given my husband. Everyone cries. Mostly her.

In addition to surgery, I also started a new job in August, my best friend moved away, and I have had trouble making friends at my new job. These changes alone were enough to seek therapy.

Lately, it's been more of a pressing concern.

So far, I think I've had it easy. I get dizzy if I don't eat often. I get uncomfortable if I eat a normal sized meal. I'm tired. I haven't been sick at all. No crazy food aversions of cravings. Husband complains of painful boobs. I complain it's painful.

Occasionally I get crazy mood swings (erring on the side of depression). I'm trying to fit more exercise into my schedule. I am also trying (and failing) to continue my contracting work to help ease our budget.

My husband (who is very excited) thinks the depression is due to me not truly being ready (even though I thought I was). We were going to start "not stopping" on January. I think it's mostly shock.

At first I was uncomfortable by the baby, mamma, and preggo talk. For sure, I had more time. I still could live it up, Surely, I wasn't the first of our friends to get pregnant. Surely, I had time to get into shape like I was before surgery. I feel like it's Finals day but I thought the first day of school was today.

It's been a crazy ride and it's going to take a lot of talking and adjusting. I'm hoping ya'll can help :)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

All the best! Having a baby is a big task with pros and cons but everyone wants it. Hoping you will get through with ease. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->