And the wait begins.... again

Holly ttc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Over the last four and a half years my husband and I have been ttc. The first two years were more ntnp, then a year of actually trying, and the last year and a half trying with a fertility clinic. Ultimately, we were told that I have PCOS so I don't ovulate on my own (super fun!) and his sa came back with morphology levels juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust on the border of okay. With that in mind we went through seven rounds of femara with timed intercourse. That made me ovulate six of the seven times, but unfortunately nothing happened beyond that. Since our insurance has a lifetime limit for medications for fertility treatment, we decided to skip the IUI step and went straight to IVF with ICSI after that. After our second transfer, we got the ever elusive positive. I don't think I've ever been more excited to see two lines on a stick before! Everything was going great, I had a scan at 5w4d, measured 4 days behind, but everything that was supposed to be present was there. I had the nausea, fatigue, headaches... the whole shebang. At our 7w4d scan, we were able to see the heartbeat, but still measured 4 days behind. Since it was less than a week behind though, there was really no worry. Then almost two weeks later (two days short of the mark) I started to spot a little and had faint cramps. I figured maybe it was due to having sex that morning since it was really BARELY anything. Since it didn't stop by the next day, I decided to stay home from work to rest and called my OB. When they finally spoke to me they told me to just come in the next day to get checked out for peace of mind. They sent me off to have an ultrasound, but since the tech that did it was not associated with my doctor they couldn't tell me anything. The following day I finally got the call that I dreaded, but felt in my gut was coming... There was no heartbeat. They wanted me to wait over the weekend and then go in for another appointment to see what my next steps were. My body decided it didn't want to wait that long and the night before I was supposed to go in I ended up having to go to the ER since I made my bathroom look like a murder scene with all the bleeding. Monday morning I had a D&C and was told that my little miracle had stopped developing at 7w6d.

Now that I've written a novel to bore you, here's the real reason I'm writing. My OB is the biggest turd in the world and I want to have as little to do with him as possible. I have a follow up in a week so I'll have to put on my nice face and deal with it then and will bring my questions up as well, but while I wait, maybe someone else has been in the same situation. I know I cannot try another IVF cycle until I "resolve" this pregnancy. Do they consider that to have happened just by your HCG level going back down to 0 or does it have to be 0 AND you have a period? Since I don't ovulate, I don't generally have them without tricking my body via birth control. Also, if it is (hopefully) just by HCG levels, how long after it's at 0 can you generally start trying to go through the IVF process again? We only have one frosty left so all my hope is in this one and I want to get my mind off the past as quickly as possible.

If you've made it this far in my mini book, congratulations and thanks for sticking with me!

Holly, I don't have any answers for you unfortunately, but didn't want to just read and leave. I'm so sorry you went through this!! Hugs and hope that you can get the process started again soon.

I don't know either but just wanted to say that I'm so sorry Holly. Hopefully they can get everything started quickly and you'll have great success with your frosty.

Thanks, ladies. As much as I want answers I hope no one here has them. If someone knows the answers it means they probably have gone through it as well and that's not something I'd wish on anyone.

Hello Holly :flow:

I'm sorry for your loss. I personally know how heartbreaking it is. I recently experienced a mmc. My pregnancy stopped developing at 5.1 weeks and all that was seen was an empty sac. My pregnancy completed naturally at 6.2 weeks. It was utterly devastating. :cry:

My doctor told me that once my bhcg goes down to zero, I should have my period 4-6 weeks later. AF hasn't showed, yet. I'm still waiting for the wicked witch!! :shrug: I was told once my period starts I can start bcp to prepare for the next ivf cycle. And to give my nurse a call on CD1 to schedule a saline sonogram on CD7-12. This procedure is done to make sure my uterus is healthy for pregnancy post mc.

Are you monitoring your bhcg levels? Under normal circumstances they want your bhcg down to zero and a period in order to start the next cycle. However, you may need to have your period induced with medication since you don't have them unless you're on bcp. Generally speaking you can start the next cycle 1-2 periods post mc. Every doctor will tell you something different, but on average you can start again after 1-2 periods. They want to make sure your hormone levels are back to normal and that your uterus is healthy to try again.

Please update us after your follow up visit. I'll keep you in the loop, too. I'd like to support you through your ttc journey. As I could use the support, too. :hugs: Take care Holly and GL to you!! <3 <3 <3

boopin4baby - so sorry to hear that! Hope you are doing alright.

I'd love to follow your ladies journeys at well. I have an appointment in May to talk about IVF with the doctor. I know for sure I will need a buddy during that process. It seems so emotional. I have no idea how you ladies do it.

boopin4baby - so sorry to hear that! Hope you are doing alright.

I'd love to follow your ladies journeys at well. I have an appointment in May to talk about IVF with the doctor. I know for sure I will need a buddy during that process. It seems so emotional. I have no idea how you ladies do it.

Bronte - You're more than welcome to follow my ttc journey. I'd love to follow yours as well. The more buddies, the merrier!! If all goes accordingly.. I should be having a May FET!! :bunny: I'm just waiting on AF. As soon as she arrives, I can get things started. I'll be testing my bhcg level again tomorrow morning. It should be at zero. Last Tuesday it was an 8. I'll keep you ladies posted. xx

That's wonderful news that you can keep trying again so soon. Hope the FET happens in May.

My bhcg is 2. It's taking forever to decrease to zero!! :dohh:

Boopin - any news? Do you know when you are starting your next cycle yet?

Holly - did you have your follow up visit yet?

Sorry for just kind of disappearing! I kept stalking on my phone and by the time I'd get home from work I'd completely space getting on the computer for a real update. Apparently the doctor that did my procedure is out of the office most of next week even though he was the one that requested I follow up in two weeks (which would be tomorrow) so Thursday afternoon I get to drive about an hour away to finally see him. Hopefully that appointment will give me results of the tissue they sent to the lab and I can be completely done with his office. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Well that's frustrating you have to wait a bit longer. Hope you get good news though.

So my appointment got changed to this morning. The doctor didn't really tell me anything except I was healthy and could have babies. He didn't feel the need to track my hcg back down to zero so I could actually try again (again with being a giant turd), but at least now I don't ever have to visit that practice again. Hope you're all well.

Holly I think going to another practice is a wise idea. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with a horrible doctor on top of everything else.

Bronte - How did the first appointment with your RE go?? :hugs:

It went really well boppin, thanks for asking. We got in much sooner than planned since they had a cancellation. We are most likely moving onto IVF. I'm not sure when I'll start yet. I have a few more tests I need and need to lose some more weight. So that's where my focus is now.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm happy to hear your appointment went well and that your going to be moving forward!! I've lost 40 lbs since last May and would like to lose another 15-20 lbs. I'm right there with you on needing to lose weight. GL to you Bronte!! You can do it!! :thumbup:

Awesome job on the weight loss. Same to you. I started a new fitness and exercise program. So I'm down about 7 lbs in two weeks. It's probably going to start coming off slower now. But I'm keeping at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->