Anemic?

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I am worried I might be anemic. I had blood work done on Monday of this week, because I am getting a referral for a hysterectomy due to heavy periods. He asked me to get my iron checked. Well, today there was a message on my machine that my doctor wants me to phone him next week, preferrably Monday, to go over my lab results. Oh-oh...it's never good when they phone, is it? I bet I am anemic. I have been diagnosed twice before. So...now what?? Anyone else have experience...the other times I was pregnant..I am not this time.

I am worried I might be anemic. I had blood work done on Monday of this week, because I am getting a referral for a hysterectomy due to heavy periods. He asked me to get my iron checked. Well, today there was a message on my machine that my doctor wants me to phone him next week, preferrably Monday, to go over my lab results. Oh-oh...it's never good when they phone, is it? I bet I am anemic. I have been diagnosed twice before. So...now what?? Anyone else have experience...the other times I was pregnant..I am not this time.

hi i had blood tests done just over a month ago but the doctor didnt ring me i rang for my results after 2 weeks and was told to come in for a routine appointment. so when i went the doctor said my iron was on the low side but im not anemic and to take iron supplements for 2 months, im due to have it re-checked the 17th dec :( i havent a clue y i would be though unless it i to do with my periods cos some months are heavier than others?

was that the only blood test u had done? maybe its something else he wants to discuss? it dont help when they leave a voice mail and u r worrying like mad, try not to i know he hard!! let me know how you get on.

by the wat im not preg neither and was never low on iron when pregnant my haemoglobin was always fine.but then again i had a ferritin check with the doctors and not when i was pregnant :wacko:

yes...it's annoying i have to wait the weekend. he did take two vials so maybe it is something else...I better not be pregnant!!!

yes...it's annoying i have to wait the weekend. he did take two vials so maybe it is something else...I better not be pregnant!!!

LOL probably something as simple as taking iron tablets :flower: X

Increasing intake of specific iron-rich foods can help too.

There are quite a few but here's some-
broccoli
bok choy
fish
turnip greens
some cereals and grains
watermelon
pumpkin
potatoe
green beans
spinach
tomato juice
sea vegetables
swiss chard
lentils
several bean types
oatmeal
nuts & seeds

There is more but that is a kickstart list for you. :) I've dealt with low iron levels and being anemic my entire life. The supplements help but it's been better for me to just incorporate more iron-rich foods in my daily intake.

Thanks, they diagnosed me with anemia (surprise) and I am to take Floradix. Anyone try this or other liquid iron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->