• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angelcare baby monitor?

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Sam's going to be going into his own room in the next few weeks :( and I was thinking about getting one of these. Would anyone recommend it or is it too late for something like this now (as he seems to end up in one corner of his cot by the morning)? Do they actually have to stay on the pad or will it detect movement in the mattress if they end up just off it?

Thanks! x

i have the tommee tippee angel sounds monitor and i think its fabulous, i bought it as my friend had one for her baby, one night the alarm went off and she had stopped breathing! Kind of saved her life!
I know i rest assured when its on, when hes not in the cot if i touch the moses basket it does go off so i think it senses movement arounf them but im pretty sure to work properly they would have to be on the mat, i dont mind trying it tonight for you if you like, ill pop tommy up the top off the monitor and see what happens just let me know

h x

That would be great if you wouldn't mind! As long as it's not going to do anything to wake him up? Thank you! x

I had the tommee & I have the angelcare the tommee went swiftly back to the shop and the angelcare is sooooooo much different/better!

I love my mat its great if you take baby out of the cot the alarm will sound after 60 seconds ...its great when you get half way down the stairs and you'd forgot to turn it off :rofl:

I have used the monitor in her moses and cot she does not have to be directly above it but you need to place the mat directly in the centre of the cot.

no problem ill do it later for you whens hes awake ill just put him at the top of the basket and the mat at the bottom...this has a base unit that you use with 2 settings, when there are movements you have a small green light flash with both, you can either have sounds with the flash or none, as soon as there are no movement for 20 seconds then the alarm goes off whether you have sound or not, it also has a small night light on and there is also a walkie talkie unit...
Alex who has just had seb has bought it aswell so ask her her opinion

ill get back to you tomorrow after tonights experiments lol

h x

I had the tommee & I have the angelcare the tommee went swiftly back to the shop and the angelcare is sooooooo much different/better!

I love my mat its great if you take baby out of the cot the alarm will sound after 60 seconds ...its great when you get half way down the stairs and you'd forgot to turn it off :rofl:

I have used the monitor in her moses and cot she does not have to be directly above it but you need to place the mat directly in the centre of the cot.

Thank you! I can hardly open my eyes when we get up in the morning so I can see that happening to us a lot :rofl: At least it'll show me that the alarm is working though x

no problem ill do it later for you whens hes awake ill just put him at the top of the basket and the mat at the bottom...this has a base unit that you use with 2 settings, when there are movements you have a small green light flash with both, you can either have sounds with the flash or none, as soon as there are no movement for 20 seconds then the alarm goes off whether you have sound or not, it also has a small night light on and there is also a walkie talkie unit...
Alex who has just had seb has bought it aswell so ask her her opinion

ill get back to you tomorrow after tonights experiments lol

h x

Perfect - thanks so much!! x

You must have a newer version of the tommee so be careful ....the tommee we bought £100 you couldn't turn the sound off and its majorly annoying tick tick tick tick!!!! the alarm sound still works if bubs stops breathing .... but he won't ;) its a great comfort though.

You must have a newer version of the tommee so be careful ....the tommee we bought £100 you couldn't turn the sound off and its majorly annoying tick tick tick tick!!!! the alarm sound still works if bubs stops breathing .... but he won't ;) its a great comfort though.

At first i though i was gonna go insane or my other half was trying to hypnotise me without me knowin until i found the magic volume button lol Im not sure which model it is i got and like you ive forgotten to flick the button a few times and the alarm set my pulse racing until i realised i was feeding him and he hadnt stopped breathing lol

It was in the sale at a local store and it should have been £120 but it was half price so i think i bagged a bargain!!

h x

The one I had had a volume thing but it would only lower not go silent. Annoying thing but really wanted it on.

I know that would drive OH insane - he won't even let me have a clock in the room :rofl: x

I bought the angelcare monitor as it was highly recommended to me by a friend. I haven't used the sensor mat yet as she is not in her own cot

xxx

Hi ya

well we did it for you and it was fine, however tommy is very long so even though he wasnt lying on the mat his leg was on it...the alarm didnt sound until i took him off

h x

Hi ya

well we did it for you and it was fine, however tommy is very long so even though he wasnt lying on the mat his leg was on it...the alarm didnt sound until i took him off

h x

Great...thank you!! I'm sure some part of Sam will still be on it...we've only had a couple of nights where he's somehow ended up scrunched up in one corner with his legs up the side :rofl: x

I have the angelcare one for our baby - just wanted to know should I leave it in the centre of cot even though baby will be sleeping toes to end of the cot or should I position it nearer the end where he'll be sleeping?

i think u need to position it nearer the end, so its like under babys back, cos it senses breathing movements, does it not say in the instructions? x

Depends what your using it in - Moses, crib or cot if you use the dividers on cot (less room for baby when they are small if in big cot) & how big baby is etc Mine has always stayed in the middle but Caitlin didn't go into bog cot for some months :D

i have the tommee tippee angel sounds monitor and i think its fabulous, i bought it as my friend had one for her baby, one night the alarm went off and she had stopped breathing! Kind of saved her life!
I know i rest assured when its on, when hes not in the cot if i touch the moses basket it does go off so i think it senses movement arounf them but im pretty sure to work properly they would have to be on the mat, i dont mind trying it tonight for you if you like, ill pop tommy up the top off the monitor and see what happens just let me know

h x

Oh wow never heard an actual story of angelcare saving a babies life. I did buy one this time. mine is angelcare by bebesounds

Instructions not clear and I just wanted to doublecheck - lol i'm paranoid about everything at this stage trying to make sure everything is done by the book. Thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->