Anger over decision not to circumcise

well ignorance is bliss and god often contradicts himself, up well done you for being a good little disciple.

unless you are a christian, it is another story so it is not necessarily needed to be done.

And for the record, I know many men who are not circumcised and have not, what is it... 'Cut off from his people.' Hilarious.

Awww did I hit a nerve, notready?

Just saying, if you're going to try and quote something, at least do it properly.

But as I said before, it's a personal decision that is the business of the parents of the child and not anyone else's. So good for you and every other parent who left their son intact, and good for you to every parent who circumcised.

Unless you (society as a whole) have an obsession with my son's or any other little boys penis and what it looks like, it's really none of yours or anyone else's business who circumcises and who doesn't. Good parents circ and good parents don't circ.

Just out of interest, in the US is it done solely because of the religious aspects? I'm genuinely interested.

I know my brother has been circumcised because of medical problems when he was little. To be honest when carrying my son I never even thought about it and it was never mentioned to me.

No, bther. Some do it for religious reasons, others for personal preferences or because it's what they feel is in the child's best interests, and others do it for medical reasons. Increasingly, boys are being left intact in North America (I'm in Canada), but North America seems to be where it is still done the most frequently for a variety of reasons.

In U.S., they mostly do it because of society. A lot of them do not do it for religion. A lot of boys are circumcised here.

I will never understand others' needs to voice opinion or concern on another persons parenting choice. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with family, it seems to be there is always someone in the family to raise controversy and cause stress. :hugs: don't worry about what anyone else says, and they will come around.

I just say each to their own but I do not believe in circumcision unless it is necessary. The same way I don't believe in piercing babies ears. As they don't have a choice and may not like it when they're older. Obviously parents need to have control over things but they are born without earring holes and born with an intact penis which grew in the womb just like it's fingers and toes did. I will repeat 'each to their own' I'm not knocking or judging anyone who wants to have their child circumcised and it doesn't make them any less of a mother than anyone else. It's people's choices, however I'm just stating my opinion on the subject and to the OP you should do what you as a mother think is right :) x

With all do respect to everyone, the OP did not ask for others opinions on circumcision or ear piercing. Just wanted advice on her problem.

Its a bit of a non issue in the UK unless its for religious reasons.

I kinda always thought of the issue from my friends POV. He was born in Canada and circ'ed for social reasons. He's gay so has a lot of experience with other willies and once said to me that he wished his parents had left the decision up to him so he could decide what kind of willy he had. He felt a bit left out not having a foreskin of his own to play with. ... So even if circumcision was an issue I don't think I'd choose it for my child as its taking away his right to choose.

Though I guess the other thing I might do if social circumcision was practised in this country would be to leave it up to my partner.

Really though, I don't understand it. Why in the olden days did someone think "I know lets start cutting off boy's foreskin!"?

With all do respect to everyone, the OP did not ask for others opinions on circumcision or ear piercing. Just wanted advice on her problem.

The forum would be a boring place if threads about circumcision, breastfeeding, c-section by choice, CIO, weaning ect didn't explode into a lively debate and merging of different experiences and opinions. Besides what would the mods do if they didn't have threads like this to watch and lock!!! :flower:

Awww did I hit a nerve, notready?

Just saying, if you're going to try and quote something, at least do it properly.

But as I said before, it's a personal decision that is the business of the parents of the child and not anyone else's. So good for you and every other parent who left their son intact, and good for you to every parent who circumcised.

Unless you (society as a whole) have an obsession with my son's or any other little boys penis and what it looks like, it's really none of yours or anyone else's business who circumcises and who doesn't. Good parents circ and good parents don't circ.

Wasn't my nerve you hit ;)

If I have a boy, he will have the freedom to choose whether to mutilate his genitals or not...

Interesting topic huh?

Nos da all xx

Its a bit of a non issue in the UK unless its for religious reasons.

I kinda always thought of the issue from my friends POV. He was born in Canada and circ'ed for social reasons. He's gay so has a lot of experience with other willies and once said to me that he wished his parents had left the decision up to him so he could decide what kind of willy he had. He felt a bit left out not having a foreskin of his own to play with. ... So even if circumcision was an issue I don't think I'd choose it for my child as its taking away his right to choose.

Though I guess the other thing I might do if social circumcision was practised in this country would be to leave it up to my partner.

Really though, I don't understand it. Why in the olden days did someone think "I know lets start cutting off boy's foreskin!"?

Way way back many centuries ago, it was likely because a vast majority of society practised a form of religion and it was a requirement, or, like in the Jewish community, was in the Bible and still has carried on through their religion.

Now, 50-100 years ago, it was just something that was done, from my understanding, and was believed to be more hygienic and lessen the risk of infections and the possibility of penile cancer. As time has gone on, it was found that a circumcision did not lessen these risks as originally believe, and keeping foreskin didn't increase the risk, so it started to be seen as more cosmetic than medical.

The forum would be a boring place if threads about circumcision, breastfeeding, c-section by choice, CIO, weaning ect didn't explode into a lively debate and merging of different experiences and opinions. Besides what would the mods do if they didn't have threads like this to watch and lock!!! :flower:

I agree with healthy debate, but there's a difference between debating and slamming others because of their decisions :winkwink:

I only skimmed all the posts in this thread, but I don't think the argument of cleanliness was mentioned.

I've had the circumcision debate with my mom, and she seems to think that circumcision lowers the risk of dirt buildup under the skin which can lead to infection. Apparently, that can be a problem for children who don't properly wash themselves as well as old men. She works at a hospital and tells me stories of nurses pulling back the foreskin of old men to reveal horrible foul smelling pussy infections. They say it's really painful for the man. She doesn't understand why anyone would not circumcise.

Needless to say, she's not going to be happy when I do not circumcise my child. Neither is my father and his entire family, who are Jewish.

So as you can see, this is a very controversial topic! Good luck to everyone on whatever you ladies choose. Happy new year!

Lol. Agreed! Happy new year Eris! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->