Angry for my friend

fran1903

Reaction score
She has been told that if/when she falls pregnant she will need injections daily from the get go to stop any further losses.
Well she called up a week ago to say that shed found she was pregnant and they point blank refused to see her until yesterday meaning that she had to go a week without her injections.
As of yesterday she suffered another loss and this is due to them not giving her the injections it is the only way shed be able to carry a pregnancy to term.
I am so angry for her but dont know what to do as we were only a week apart in our date and dont want to rub my pregnancy in her face.
How could she go about complaining about her lack of care?

Any answers would be great thank you

If it's UK then she can contact her local PALS (patient liason service) which will be based in her local hospital. You'll get the e-mail, phone number etc online. She needs to explain her past care and what she was told would be her future pregnancy care. All details about who she tried to speak to, who she managed to speak to etc she should list in the phonecall / e-mail. The report she makes will be fully confidential if she wants it to be.

I hope she gets the care she was promised.

:flower:

thank you ill let her know, fingers crossed things will get better for her

I am so sorry for your friends loss. There is a recurrent miscarriage thread on here, and unfortunately poor care is a reoccurring theme within it. I had the exact same issue but now I have all my meds at home so that when I get a positive pregnancy test I can start them immediately, she should push for the same. If she isn't able to really fight for what she needs then she should find someone who is willing to do just that, an advocate for her care if you will.

Oh wow, I feel awful for your friend. I hope she manages to get some justice so that this doesnt happen again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->