angry momma mode activated !

mummie2be

Reaction score
So apparently MIL thinks that she will be taking LO camping the first weekend of July...even after me saying no she still thinks she is going to take her..considering she will only be like 2 weeks old, its so not happening !

That's ridiculous. Tell her to go shove it. My daughter will be 7 months before she has an overnight with anyone but us. Small babies need to bond with their parents, not with extended family. If she wants to visit (and you are happy with that), invite her over. Otherwise, your baby should be with you at least for the first several months so you can bond properly.

Then FIL mentioned it to..and to top it off the campground is about 8 hours away from me. If they seriously think that they are taking her they are crazy.

Omg that is rediculous why would they think its ok to take a newborn away from there mother at 2 weeks old!? and why would they think you would be ok with that! and to take the baby camping and so far away. recthey on another planet!? It's so laughable

holy cow ! sorry but your MIL must be nuts . you can't take newborn camping and away from their momma. you have every right to be saying No Way Nana !! :dohh:

:saywhat:

How very strange! New born baby, camping? haha

I made people wash their hands before they were allowed to hold Adrian for months... I might not be quite so fanatic about it with this baby, but dusty, dirty camping? NOOOOOO

What on earth could a baby possibly get out of camping, lol.
And why would anyone want to take one camping!

Surely you go camping to eat baked beans and sleep in a tent, and not to coddle a newborn who wants their mama and shouldnt really be sleeping in a tent!
In fact..where exactly was baby supposed to sleep? Would a travel cot even fit in a tent?

What a weirdo! :haha:

Just say no!

One of the weirdest things I have ever read on this forum, has your MIL got rocks in her head?! What kind of person would even think taking a 2 week old baby away from its mother & on a camping trip no less? Bub won't even have all her shots done yet. What does she think is going to happen, that you will just hand her over against your will?!

How will they feed bubba?! If you're bf, you need to be there... If you're ff, we'll, a tents not exactly gonna have electric for a steriliser!
Reeeeeeeeally, peoples be crazy. Baby needs mum not a holiday!

Sounds like my in-laws...honestly, everyone else has it covered, pull the, "Its MY child, NOT YOURS, baby goes NO WHERE unless I approve." card.

What's baby's father saying about it all? If he's like my husband I suppose he's just letting them railroad YOU because he doesn't have his danglies enough to say no?

How will they feed bubba?! If you're bf, you need to be there... If you're ff, we'll, a tents not exactly gonna have electric for a steriliser!
Reeeeeeeeally, peoples be crazy. Baby needs mum not a holiday!

This made me laugh.

We must have a poor family because we've never bought an electric steriliser. Pan of water on the stove was always good enough!

:saywhat: Is your MIL nuts??!

Taking your baby away at 2 weeks old is akin to having your heart ripped out. She sounds odd IMO :dohh:

... That is a, quite literally... Over-'My-Dead-Body-But-Even-That-Is-Highly-Unlikely-Because-I-Will-Become-A-Zombie-To-Stop-You' scenario.

Maybe your MiL has had a brain-fart?

Omg... Did I really just read that?! That sounds like my ex mil. Hell to the no! An what has your hubby said?! Tell me he agrees in telling her she's lost her mind

Ha ha. She's nuts!!

Good luck to her, she's going to need it!

Un-friggin'-believable. You need that time to bond with the baby. I would have laughed in their faces, because they have to be joking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->