Anna swollowed something!

T

TashaAndBump

I had to take Anna to hospital yesterday because at first I thought she had a bug - She started being sick on Sunday evening and she was bringing up everything I fed her. On Monday her temperature shot up to 40degrees (kept down to 37.7 with calpol) and she slept all day and was really sleepy and hard to wake, but stupid me, because everyone else in my family has had a tummy bug I assumed it was just the bug :( and yesterday she started being sick with green stuff with blood in it. And that's when I stopped hanging around and took her straight to A&E. The doctors did all the basic observations; pulse, blood pressure, urine sample, temp, light in the eyes etc and at first they were saying it was gastroenteritis, but then after examining her tummy they decided to take her down to x-ray...

She has swallowed something, about 1.5cm by 1.5cm that had blocked her digestive system :cry: I feel like such a bad mum...

Thankfully by the time she got x-rayed, the whatever-it-is had moved past the area that it was causing a problem in and was right at the end, so should come out in her nappy today (and I feel sorry for her when that happens because the edges looked really pointy on the x-ray!). They fed her some hydrating stuff (I forget the name I was all a bit shocked) and kept her in for another 45minutes to check that she kept it down and she did. She's stopped being sick now, and looks much better in herself.

I just can't believe she swallowed something like that and I didn't even notice :nope: and I can't believe it took me so long to take her to hospital, either... :(

its not your fault hun, if my whole family had a bug then i would think the same. kids get there hands into everything and its impossible to watch them 24/7. im glad shes ok now and things are on the move. hope it doesnt hurt her to much. x

oh sweetie :hugs: poor you and anna :hugs: don't be too hard on yourself, these things happen darling, i once stuck a pen lid up my nose without my mum noticing :dohh: hope it passes easily today :hugs: x x x

:hugs: What a fright! Don't blame yourself though, little kids swallow stuff. You can't be watching them every second of the day. Glad she is on the mend. Let us know what she swallowed!

Aww :( glad shes starting to come around a bit now :) And we cant always have eyes on the back of our heads :hugs:

:hugs: Don't be so hard on yourself hun. Glad Anna is feeling better.

Glad shes ok hun :), dont blame yourself *hugs*

Hope she feels better soon!

hope shes better soon.

dont blame yourself. :hugs:

Oh hun, don't blame yourself. She's ok and hopefully soon it will all be over. Hope she's ok, keep us updated :) x

its not your fault hun, if my whole family had a bug then i would think the same. kids get there hands into everything and its impossible to watch them 24/7. im glad shes ok now and things are on the move. hope it doesnt hurt her to much. x

You can't blame yourself for this.At least she's better now :hugs:
Even we watch our baby 24/7, it only just takes a few seconds for them to put themselves in trouble :dohh:
It actually hurts mummy more than baby you know when things like this happens, but don't blame yourself sweeties:hug:

Glad she is feeling better!
And like the others said, its not your fault. You cannot have your eyes on them every second of teh day, you wouldn't get anything done.

poor little baby, I hope she feels better soon. Try not to beat yourself up too much, things like this happen, its impossible to watch everything they do :hug:

aww hun dont blame your self. you wasnt to know x

:hugs: to you, mr bum and anna x x xx

Glad shes feeling ok , same happ to me yesterday max ate a pcs of the dogs toy ..luckily hubby saw him chewing and stuck his finger all the way down to get it ..

as many of the girls said we can be there 24/7 dont beat your self up

Glad she's okay. It'll be interesting to see what she swallowed! Alasdair isn't even properly on the move yet but he puts all sorts in his mouth that I should be able to keep out of his way! I hope that you're feeling better about the whole thing now and that Anna is lots better :hugs:

Ooo no! I hope the nasty intruder comes out soon xXx

don't feel bad hun - i would have thought the same xx

I once ate so much sponge - it didn't go down properly and ended up at the back of my throat/nose - mum took me to hospital because my breathing didn't seem quite right and they pulled it out through my nose with a pair of tweesers - my mum was astonished as she hadn't even realised i'd eaten any sponge in the firt place! YUCK! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->