Annoucing the arrival of Imogen Jaimee 14/02/10

blaze777

Mummy to Moos and Roos
Reaction score
Well, 5 days early my little madam decided to arrive. Irregular contractions started on Friday evening, but being my first I thought it was gonna be a while before anything happened. Woke up Saturday morning to regular contractions about 8 minutes apart that were quite painful. Decided to carry on as normal and go to my dads to watch the football (as you do) After a couple of hours contractions were getting closer together and were now coming about 5 minutes apart. I couldn't sit down and was pacing my dads living room to try and get more comfortable. About 5pm we decided to go home as contractions didn't seem to be getting any closer together. However by about 8pm the contractions were really painful so decided that maybe it was time to go to the hospital.

I was hooked up to the trace machine to register baby's heartbeat and left for 20 minutes. Contractions were still about 5 minutes apart and painful. I had an internal and was told that I was only 1 cm dilated and that labour could still be days away, so decided that we would go home and wait it out. What a mistake that was lol

After being home for a couple of hours, and trying unsuccessfully to get some sleep, I went for a wee and discovered blood when I wiped. Panic set in and I called my dad to take us back to the hospital. We got back there at 3.45am. I was put back on the trace machine and they kept an eye on baby's heartbeat as it was a little erratic. Contractions were now only a couple of minutes apart and were really painful. Dr came round and gave me another internal only to tell me I was 4cm dilated and they were going to take me to the labour ward and break my waters! It's amazing how it suddenly hits you that you are going to be a parent!

Off we went to the labour ward where my waters were broken, which feels really weird! Contractions got stronger, and I was told I was 8 cms dilated. I was given gas and air to help with the pain, but I'm not sure whether it helped or not. My body was telling me to push, but I wasn't fully dilated so I had to try to breathe through the contractions as well as not push and to try and take the gas and air. I had another internal and finally I was 10cms. Midwife told me that I could begin to push and within half an hour her head was almost crowning. I had to have an epistotomy as my perineum is quite long and wasn't stretching enough to let her through. After that the next push and she shot out all at once and was placed on my chest :) this was 10.07 am. Oh my god the feeling was amazing :) She weighed in at 6lbs 1oz.

We came home on the monday after we made sure breastfeeding was esablished. I am loving being a mum and Imogen is gorgeous :) All in all my active labour was 4hrs 47mins, which for a first is quite good I'm told :)

https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/originalblonde_2006/Imogen/Imogen006.jpg

She's gorgeous,well done!! And sounds like the perfect labour xx

she is gorgeous congratulations...i absolutely love the name xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back