announcement picture ideas

mwah_xx

Reaction score
Any ideas ladies? I want to include my DS who will be 2 and I can't think of anything, I have 3 weeks!

My daughter is going to wear a t shirt saying this princess is going to be a big sister and my son will stand next to her holding the scan x

I've got a t-shirt for my DD saying 'I'm going to be a big sister' so she'll wear that whilst holding the scan picture :)

This is our first so we were trying to come up with some cute ideas for when we announce.

We made a sign for our beagle. It says "Big Fur Sister in Training.... " across the top. Then it says "Official Start date April 2015" We will take a picture of that with her next to it to post on FB when the time comes. We will put the first u/s picture on the sign also.

We have a pumpkin with big sister carved it and a picture of her with it. We also have a shirt that says only child season ending may 2015

With my 2nd I just took a pic of my son in his "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt. This time around I have a collage with a picture of my older 2 together, then one of my daughter in her "I'm going to be a big sister" shirt, one of my son with a sign that says "April 2015" (my estimated due date is May 2nd but I'm pretty sure it will get bumped up and even if it doesn't baby will probably come early lol

Then I am also going to have the ultrasound pic on there (just have to edit it into the pic once we get it). On the top left it says "the best things in life come in small packages" on the right it says "1 2 3" then on the bottom left it says the kids names followed by and... (then there will be the ultrasound) lol I will be posting my announcement pic on Tuesday after I get my ultrasound :)

Other good ideas I have seen are to get the whole family together and take a pic of everyone's shoes and have some baby shoes as well with the caption "our family is growing by two feet"

and a picture of the older child holding a onesie with the due date of the new baby

Thanks ladies keep them coming I will get there!! Not seen any big brother t-shirts around but I suppose I've not really looked that hard yet.

Next stage is getting the toddler to cooperate!!

I got my son's shirt off Cafe press (it had a dinosaur on it!) and my daughters I got on Amazon (though its a cafe press design too).

Try googling pregnancy announcements on google image, you'll get lots of ideas there! :)

we are doing shoes!! Just a picture of hubbys shoes, my shoes and beside us some little baby shoes. we will be standing wearing our shoes and obviously the little shoes will be in the middle. you could do the three of you with and empty fourth pair :)

I think we will be doing the shoes too I think its cute :) x

My husband is military so we are putting did in his cap with a sign that says up for promotion. Another picture that says so I'm practicing my CLS with dh myself and all her baby dolls wrapped in bandages, another picture that says studying my field manual and a book that says field guide to being a big sister and the last picture will say boards are meeting may 6th ( my edd)

We will likely wait until Halloween- and then I want one of the shirts that has a skeleton baby on the front.

We are doing photos of DS1 holding a blackboard saying "#1" DS2 holding one that says "#2" and me holding one that says "#3" while pointing to my stomach :)

If you are on Pinterest, have a look on there, theres soooo many cute ideas :D

I bought LO a Thing One shirt from Cat in the Hat and she's going to hold up a Thing Two onsie in a photo. I'm so excited and can't wait!

We're going to take a photo of me holding dd. Then we're going to caption it with an arrow pointing to dd saying 'this one was made in China' and then another arrow pointing to my bump saying 'this one was homegrown'.
The original idea was supposed to say 'this one was too' but then we conceived while we were on holiday back home so have had to alter the idea.

The other option is I have an d fashioned template with space for four photos so we could put one picture of each of us and then a scan in the last one.

This was actually taken a month or two ago before I was actually pregnant, but I think I will use this pic to announce on Facebook, titled " big sisters practicing for the new baby" or something like that...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
This was ours. You could do something similar with your daughter reading a book for big siblings, maybe.

Attachments

• hammock announcement.jpg
    hammock announcement.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 20
here is my shoes pic...

Attachments

• IMG-20140920-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140920-WA0004.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 16
This was ours :happydance:

Attachments

• preg.jpg