Announcing my pregnancy to teen and tweens

Clairissa_pg

Reaction score
Hello, Ladies!

I’m a nervous wreck. I’ve resolved to share my happy news with my three kids today or tomorrow. I’m 13 weeks and my kids are 14, 11 and 9. Im overjoyed about the new baby, but the circumstances could be better. I’m divorced from my kid’s father, and the father of my peanut isn’t in the picture.

I’m really trying to think of the best way to a) announce the expected arrival of their little brother or sister and b) explain the situation.

If I were you I'd not plan how to explain all the details, just tell them you are expecting a baby and then field their questions as honestly as you can without giving extra details they don't need to know. If they ask something very awkward (or the older child asks what might be inappropriate for the younger ones) just say something like "Im not sure how to answer that in a way you'll understand. Can I think about it and get back to you?" That will give you time to decide what you are prepared to talk about and how.

I'm not sure children care about the same things we do, so they might not care about the circumstances but just want reassurance that you'll still have time for them once baby is here.

My kids are 14, 13 and almost 12. In May when I found out I was pregnant, it was my husbands birthday so I woke the kids up and pulled them into our room. I gave DH the card with the test in it and then just said " I'm pregnant". The 14yr old didnt care. 13yr old started crying and 11yr old jumped up and down. Now at 29 weeks, the 13 and 11yr old are beyond excited. 14yr old still doesnt care.

Sorry for the late reply, ladies!

long story short- the 9 year old is at least as excited as me. The 14 year old is warming to the idea, and the 11 year old (my son) swings between feeling protective of me and the baby and utter mortification that his friends will see that his mother is pregnant.

Again, I apologize for not responding sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->