Announcing on facebook?

mrslouiseb

pregnant with #4!!!
Reaction score
Ive told all my family and close friends ect
how do you all plan on announcing on fb...any quirky ideas? x

When I´ve had my 12 week scan and told all of family, I will post a picture of my DD kissing my belly and a caption saying..."She loves her little brother or sister already" xxx

We're announcing to FB this week as both families already know and have almost blown it for us! I'm taking pictures of DH, LO and myself standing and then a pair of empty baby booties with the headline "our family is growing by two feet".

Can't take credit for the idea as a college friend announced that way. It look me a min to get it but it always stuck with me as so cute :)

Its my scan on wednesday so.will just do it after that with a pic of my scan. im boring like that lol

Yep, I'm boring too. Scan and then announcement. :)

I decided not to announce on Facebook. I am friends with tons of acquaintances. I just feel like I can tell the people that matter and everyone else will find out eventually by word of mouth.

I saw a girl use nailpolish. She used pink on one hand and blue on the other and gad hands on her belly. The caption said stay tuned....... Then the due date. Then when she found out if it were boy of girl she painted both hands that color.

My sister keeps telling me not to announce it on Facebook but how am I ever supposed to let my family and friends know that live far away. My husband and I were both on the military and so there is a lot of distance between us and some people we want to know. I love her but don't really understand the logic. I have been looking up cute ideas and have found a few.I'm still deciding. O have a 9 would scan today but wouldn't plan to announce till at least 10 weeks.

Im going to change my profile picture to 4 pairs of shoes with the caption "we are expanding to a family of 4"

I cant wait to do it, ive already had a scan and all was well, but im trying to hold out until my 12 week one x

Once we tell both of our families and are ready to announce to everyone else I plan on taking a picture with both of us holding the scan forward and kissing in the back round. Hard to explain but I saw it on Pinterest thought it was cute.

I'm waiting til 13 weeks. Most family, close friends and co-workers know now... if I had it my way, no one would know until 13 weeks, but I had to take a week off work at 8 weeks for some bleeding and people started asking questions... so I couldn't lie! Lol! But ya I don't think acquaintances need to know before I'm into second tri. I had a close friend mc at 12 weeks and it makes me nervous. I know the chances of it happening to me too are slim, but I'm not taking chances... :shrug:

I decided not to announce on Facebook. I am friends with tons of acquaintances. I just feel like I can tell the people that matter and everyone else will find out eventually by word of mouth.

I saw a girl use nailpolish. She used pink on one hand and blue on the other and gad hands on her belly. The caption said stay tuned....... Then the due date. Then when she found out if it were boy of girl she painted both hands that color.

That's such a cute way of announcing it, I've never seen that before!

I don't know whether I'm going to announce it on Facebook this time around. I might just upload a picture when the babies born with my son and be like "Tadaaa!" :lol:

I'm thinking of having a photo of the scan picture together with a caption saying 'If any friends are taking the contraceptive pill Micronor you might want to take a pregnancy test...'

We aint putting it on Facebook... Close family and friends will be told personally...
Even after baby is born no pics will go up for a while... X

I keep changing my mind lol but I think we're going with the shoe's thing! We all wear converse sneakers so I.have ordered 2 pairs of tiny converse socks and the caption will probably be along the lines of " 10+10+10+10+10+10=extra double trouble" :thumbup:

Some great ideas on here :)

I'm not sure if we'll have a Facebook announcement or not. If we do, I think it'll be just after the new year... Something about how great 2013 was between getting married and buying our first home, and 2014 is looking like it'll be even better because we get to meet our baby in July.

I'm not so sure I want to do the whole facebook announcement either, it seems too important and personal. Close friends we will tell personally even if it's over the phone, I'm actually thinking of locking my facebook for a week after we tell.

My friend posts her whole life on facebook and that's how some other friends found out. not nice.

We're going on holiday when I'll be 13 weeks so as OH wants to do it I'll put a pic up saying "the three of us on holiday" and wait to see what happens. We'll have at least a week to tell people face to face.

I have had a gazillion different ideas, but my last one was to post a photo of my parents receiving the news that they will be Grandparents (that's if we get a good shot) with the caption. Flights home £250, Train tickets from Gatwick to Brighton £30, Taxi home £5, Telling my parents they are going to be Grandparents PRICELESS.

Maybe not those words in particular, and might think of a different pricing structure.. and of course it all relies on capturing that moment. My Dad tends to tear up as he's an emotional bugger so I am deffo asking my DH to be on standby with a camera when I give them the announcement card with the scan inside :)

I'm not announcing on Facebook. Had a bad experience when DD was born and since then I'm very reluctant to put any news or sentimental things on there

I won't be formally announcing on facebook.

One friend announced by posting a picture with her dogs and some baby outfits and the expected birth date. Another friend posted a picture of her belly at 11 weeks. Others I've seen post scan pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->