Announcing the pregnancy... need help with the details.

Eren

Reaction score
So, our five year old has been asking for a brother/sister for two years. We've just not been ready yet.

But its finally here, and he is going to be so excited :happydance:

Im 14 weeks and nobody knows yet! We are having the family over in 3 weeks to celebrate 5 year olds birthday and thought of exposing it then.

We wanted to maybe give him a present... or do something that would make him think 'this is for babies' or "I need a brother/sister to use this"

But Im not sure what to buy or do :wacko:
Do any of you have any suggestions on what to provide as a present (or it can be a new idea alltogether, doesnt have to be a present!)

I’m 15 weeks and finding out baby’s sex next week my family dont know so we have arrange a big bbq and my boys are making a gender reveal box so they can let our family now that they are not getting just a new baby but the sex they love that it’s down to them to reveal the surprise

How about a big brother t-shirt? :)

Ive thought about the big brother shirt! Im just not sure if he will slow down enough to look at it/read it. Usually clothes get the cold shoulder haha

I’m 15 weeks and finding out baby’s sex next week my family dont know so we have arrange a big bbq and my boys are making a gender reveal box so they can let our family now that they are not getting just a new baby but the sex they love that it’s down to them to reveal the surprise

Wow, that is such a neat idea! I booked a private scan for next week just to see baby/find out gender. Ill be 15 weeks during the scan. You're giving me more to think about now, like I can incorporate the baby's sex.

My son is older, but I always do big events for big news.
My son has severe neurological issues, had brain surgery amongst others, and im always telling him how he is a super hero. His room is decorated in comic book strips and super heroes.
I wrote him a letter telling him that he has been the greatest adventure of my life and he is my super hero. Then he opened a gift which was an eyemask. He them had to unscramble a puzzle that read EVERY SUPERHERO NEEDS A SIDEKICK. and lastly I unzipped my hoodie to show him my tank top that had belly eyemask and COMING SEPT 2018 on the belly.

My.mom has always done puzzles to tell us about big news... Or you could get him a big and baby sized version of something he loves...

We had my son WEAR a big brother tee when we announced we were pregnant with my daughter. We went to a family BBQ on the 4th of July and that’s when he wore it.

The first time we just told people slowly and this time we just sent out a mass text with an ultrasound pic.

I’m doing this for my announcement.

Hubby works away so won’t of been home for 10 weeks when he finally gets back. I’ve arranged a bbq ‘homecoming’ for him and family and I’m going to make a video of all the moments and adventures he’s missed with our son being away for everyone to watch. At the end of the video i’m Going to have a picture of my son with a tshirt on saying ‘I’ve got a big secret i’m Going to be a big brother’ then a chalk board saying coming December.
Then just to top that off we’re doing a gender reveal the same night 😂

I’m doing this for my announcement.

Hubby works away so won’t of been home for 10 weeks when he finally gets back. I’ve arranged a bbq ‘homecoming’ for him and family and I’m going to make a video of all the moments and adventures he’s missed with our son being away for everyone to watch. At the end of the video i’m Going to have a picture of my son with a tshirt on saying ‘I’ve got a big secret i’m Going to be a big brother’ then a chalk board saying coming December.
Then just to top that off we’re doing a gender reveal the same night 😂

This is so cool !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"