Annoyed but am I overreacting?

Tryingfora4th

Reaction score
Baby was transverse on tuesday when I was 36 weeks so an appointment was made to see the consultant on monday when I'd be 36+6
I'm pretty sure baby is now breech, I'm still feeling her kick in the same place as I was on tuesday when they scanned me but there is something in my pelvis now whereas on tuesday there was nothing so I'm assuming its her bum.
She's really doing loads of moving around but I cant feel the shooting pains in my cervix which I was getting when she was head down...

Anyway, I've just had a letter through to say mondays appointment is cancelled due to it being a public holiday and a new appointment has been made for the following monday when I'll be 37+6.

Is it just me or is 37+6 a bit late for me to be having my INITIAL appointment with the consultant about managing the situation?
It basically means if I go into labour any time this week it'll be an automatic c-section as they dont allow vaginal breech births :growlmad:
I do not want a section, I dont have the help I'd need during recovery, its not really an option for me! :(
I really wanted a waterbirth at the local midwife unit so was hoping they'd do an ECV sometime this week but it doesnt look like thats going to happen now.

I'm really worried whats going to happen now if I go into labour, I dont have transport to get through to the hospital. My last baby my waters broke at 37+2 and I know that doesnt mean this one will be early but its still a worry especially as this week my braxton hicks have been getting alot more frequent and painful, altho for now they are only coming like that during the night mainly.

I'm pretty gutted right now :(

Can you call the hosp and explain and see if you can change the appointment?

Why did they make you an appointment for THIS monday in the first place then if it was a public holiday? Personally, I agree that 37+6 is a little late to have your initial appt, however, I'm sure they will be able to get things moving quickly for you if she does turn out to be breech.

Having said that, your waters broke at 37+2 last time, so I would have thought they'd want to make a decision before then just incase the same happens again! Can you not get an appt for another day? or is it just Mondays?

I've just phoned the local midwife unit and asked if they would see me through the week to check babys position, because if she turns on her own the panic will be over.
They've given me an appointment for monday and said they might be able to get me seen at the hospital day care on tuesday but I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

I'm not usually a worrier but this has got to me a little!

Baby was transverse on tuesday when I was 36 weeks so an appointment was made to see the consultant on monday when I'd be 36+6
I'm pretty sure baby is now breech, I'm still feeling her kick in the same place as I was on tuesday when they scanned me but there is something in my pelvis now whereas on tuesday there was nothing so I'm assuming its her bum.
She's really doing loads of moving around but I cant feel the shooting pains in my cervix which I was getting when she was head down...

Anyway, I've just had a letter through to say mondays appointment is cancelled due to it being a public holiday and a new appointment has been made for the following monday when I'll be 37+6.

Is it just me or is 37+6 a bit late for me to be having my INITIAL appointment with the consultant about managing the situation?
It basically means if I go into labour any time this week it'll be an automatic c-section as they dont allow vaginal breech births :growlmad:
I do not want a section, I dont have the help I'd need during recovery, its not really an option for me! :(
I really wanted a waterbirth at the local midwife unit so was hoping they'd do an ECV sometime this week but it doesnt look like thats going to happen now.

I'm really worried whats going to happen now if I go into labour, I dont have transport to get through to the hospital. My last baby my waters broke at 37+2 and I know that doesnt mean this one will be early but its still a worry especially as this week my braxton hicks have been getting alot more frequent and painful, altho for now they are only coming like that during the night mainly.

I'm pretty gutted right now :(

WTF?!?!?!?!!?

Thats DISGUSTING

...and more to the point any woman of sound mind can refuse a CS! What would they do then , they cannot force you to have a CS.

Anyway, in all likelihood baby is not breech, you still have time for an ECV is they are and some babies turn last minute any way.

Try to stay positive and look at www.spinningbabies.com for some tips on positioning.

What happens if you just absolutely refuse a section?

I'm just worrying a bit now because baby has changed positions alot in the last few weeks and has been transverse a few times so there's a risk of cord prolapse if my water breaks and she isnt in a good position.

I know how you feel about the public holiday thing and this is worrying me too. diabetic ante-natal is always on a monday and they dont reschedule the clinic for bank hols (or havent in the past) as the next few bank hols fall at a time when they would consider inducing me it really worries me that I am going to be missing out and time will be getting later and later. making a c-section more likely as baby will just get bigger and bigger.

I hope you manage to work it out xxx

I dont know if its different in scotland but I know in England and Wales you can refuse it's in black and white in the NICE guidelines.

After all a breech birth isnt an instant CS or at least it shouldnt be it is a normal birth, it makes me mad places can refuse you a breech delivery.

If you were in labour and refused a CS they'd have to deliver you breech although I might not be comfortable with that as there wouldnt be many experienced staff around if they routinely CS a breech baby.

Speak to the head of midwifery for your area, tell them you'll birth at home and you expect to be attended if they will not 'allow' you a normal delivery in hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->