Annoyed of little kids

peanut6

Reaction score
Im 4 weeks from having my first child. Lately everything my little cousin does annoys me. Shes 4 years old and I of course love her but my gawd am I annoyed....does this reflect my parenting abilities ?

No. I have my own little kids, yet other people's little kids annoy me. And I'm not just talking about only when Im pregnant. I guess im not really a kid person generally, buti love mine to death and feel that I'm a good mom! I just run a tight ship with mine. I find theirs to be obnoxious most of the time,but there are some of my friends kids that I think are fine. Anyhow, just making the point that feeling this does NOT reflect what kind of mommy you will be

I agree with pp. Most other people's children annoy me but I love mine to the moon and back. You'll be a great mom :)

Yep I feel the same in currently 8 weeks off having baby #2 and love my 17 month old ds loads and loads, but my nephews get right on my nerves, they come round and trash my ds's toys and their parents just sit there and don't say anything, bare in mind my nephews are 9 and 12! Gggrrr xxx

I mean, In general all kids do obnoxious things. Poor manners, they're selfish, attitudes for miles, loud and obnoxious- that's just how kids brains work. Your own kids you have a bit of control over with shaping behavior and correcting and all, I think that's why your own kids seem manageable and tolerable, whereas you can't do that with others peoples kids. Outright they are just annoying... To anyone I think. But you'll manage your own and you'll love them to pieces, you'll see :)

Not trying to be rude, but I think it reflects your parenting style a little. I am the same way and get extremely annoyed with other peoples' kids. especially if they aren't behaving or if the parents aren't disciplining in a way i think they should be. I find i have a pretty good amount of patience with my own kids, however, they do really annoy me sometimes! It doesn't mean we aren't good parents, just means we have less patience than others. And that's ok :) Something to work on, right?

My 1st loves watching daniel tiger, and when i get mad he starts singing... when you feel so mad and you wanna roar, take a deep breath.... and count to 4. 1. 2. 3. 4.

Hey, kids are annoying, it's kind of their job. I love my kids like crazy but they annoy me at different times of the day, every single day. Being a good mom isn't about never getting annoyed or frustrated, it's how you deal with it. Plus the annoying factor is heavily tempered by overwhelming maternal love, so trust me, things your kids do won't bother you nearly as much as when someone else's kids do them.

I'm just saying, don't worry about it. When your baby comes they will annoy you, frustrate you, drive you crazy -- and you will love them more than you ever knew possible.:hugs:

Just like the PP, I was going to say don't worry about it, hun! There will be times when even your own child will annoy you! :lol: I love my LO more than life, but boy can he test the boundaries sometimes, and there are days you breathe a sigh of relief when they're asleep in bed because you get a moment to yourself (as well as because they're so cute when they're sleeping :) ). That's called being a parent - and it's normal, it's not a sign you're bad at itl. ;)

But, yes, other people's children can really take the cake with annoyingness. You will always have more patience with your own.

I agree! Other people's kids drive me potty, never really liked them! I like little babies and I like them after they're about 6 but toddlers drive me potty! I have a 3 year old who also drives me potty but I love her so much she gets away with it. I love her to bits but I think it's ok to need your own space and not always be all over your kids and loving everything they do!! I'm there for my daughter 100% but we both need our own space sometimes.

I was at a hockey game the other day and a group of kids were screaming and chanting and I looked at OH and said "is it bad that I'm pregnant and can't tolerate children?". I have a 6 year old, I love her to death and she is generally well behaved. I personally don't think the kids are the problem, I think the parenting is the problem. I don't agree with allowing your child to run loose screaming and bawling (despite the venue!) in public. There is such a thing as having fun and there is such a thing as letting them being obnoxious and disrupting everyone around them.

You're going to be fine.

Northern me, I completely agree! Kids will be kids, it's how much effort parents put in to teach them what behavior is appropriate when. Again, all kids have their obnoxious moments, but my kids I can correct and shape..other kids I can't do anything about!

At this stage of pregnancy... I don't think it's appropriate to judge yourself for getting annoyed. LOL I mean, I want to pluck my husband's eyes out about once a day (give or take)- but I'm still a great partner. Even a basket of puppies could get an eye-roll out of me at this point... depending on the day. It is what it is. You're gonna be great!

Not going to lie, my 4 year old is driving me up the wall lately, I've been feeling so intolerant!

My toddler drives me INSANE!!!! But, it's so different when they're yours!

I love my DD more than anything, but other people's children (even my nieces)... NOPE. Well I love them, but holy crap I don't want to be around them AT ALL and this was before getting pregnant. I'm just not a others kids person.

No it doesn't reflect how you'll be as a mother lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->