Annoying arms

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
My lo constantly waves his arms around while trying to feed and keeps trying to grab my nipple. Any tips to restrain his arms as makes feeding take much longer and such hard work.

Mine too, it's like they're spring loaded, you move them out of the way and they spring right back. I tend to wedge his top arm under my other boob, but then my boobs are on the large side.

You could try swaddling his top half with a thin blanket/muslin for feeding? Might help :) X

How old is your LO? My daughter is almost 9 months and has always been grabby. I tend to put my other hand on top of hers and rub her hands while she plays with my fingers. Either that or I giver her a lovey to rub. If left to her own devices she will rub, hit, pinch and scratch my boob hehe. Good luck! If baby is just very little and jittery (I don't remember the name of that reflex) I would go with the swaddle advice. :)

I put the bottom arm under a receiving blanket that I tucked into the bottom of my bra and then held the other hand

I put the bottom arm under a receiving blanket that I tucked into the bottom of my bra and then held the other hand

I used to wedge the bottom arm against me/under my boob. And hold the top one.

Now I have to have a small you for her to play with so I don't get my nose and mouth explored!

I tuck the bottom arm under a toweling nappy and wedge it against my body and hold the top arm.

DO liked to pull my hair or just hit constantly. I used to wear a necklace which would be almost impossible for DO to rip off. It kept her free hand entertained. Blankets, burp cloths also helped.

Swaddling or tucking my boys arms under me is not an option. He just tries to wriggle free and feeding would take an eternity. I second the necklace idea. That works for us. Just make sure its baby friendly, of course.

Mine pulls my hair and pinches me!
I try to move his hands but like you said.. they come right back haha.
Spring loaded.. thats perfect..

DD (6 months) is always moving her hands. She has such sharp little nails she scratches me easily. It's near impossible to keep her hands still and keep her latched. I'm positive it's becoming a game now..

I had to swaddle my son's arms down between 3 and 5 months, especially during nighttime feeds. He would keep himself awake with the arm swinging!

Had the same with both mine. This one tends to cat paw 'grap and squeeze' through the whole feed, which with her demon nails drives me to distraction. I then found when likes holding one particular necklace which helped.

I have a friend who wore a ribbon on her bra strap for her love to play with like a bra taggy!

Generally I end up holding the offending arm/hand and now at 8 months she doesn't dobig often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->