Annoying family

laura109

Reaction score
I have wrote a thread or two lately about my dd catching everything under the sun since starting nursery. Colds and coughs, tonsilitis, tummy bugs. We've had alot of days home when she has had a temperature or when she's recovering from sickness bugs. I've had to cancel plans alot. We had a busy week planned this week. It's her birthday this week. Last night she went to bed early and requested Calpol. She said her nose hurt. I knew she was coming down with something. Then at 2am she vomited all over my bed. She was achy and hot. Today she is off her food and whingy. She's not herself. So I cancelled our plans for today and tomorrow morning. My mum and sister have basically said I should not of canceled the friend coming tomorrow. She has to travel an hour and had two small children. I said to my family it would not be fair to risk her 9 week old getting a virus. I also don't want to have a house full until dd is well and eating again. They have made me feel like I've been over the top. My sister Said she's just a sickly kid and half the stuff she gets is probably not contagious. Clearly its contagious because there's always stuff going around her nursery and staff go off sick too. If she had a simple cold then we would carry on but I think sick children need to rest. Although I understand parents need to work, I've overheard parents saying their kids are poorly but dosed up to staff and it does annoy me that things spread due to a poorly child being there instead of resting. Ahhh just a rant x

You did exactly the right thing, I would be so annoyed if I arrived at your house and found out your DD was sick. I think most people would appreciate what you did

You did exactly the right thing, I would be so annoyed if I arrived at your house and found out your DD was sick. I think most people would appreciate what you did

Agree for sure !!

You gave the friend enough warning time too, not like she was already on her way! I bet she would have been grateful you cancelled given her 9 week old I know I would be !

I hate annoying family opinions !

I think you did the right thing. A member of my close family has a low immune system and it's annoying enough if the children catch something at school as we need to be quite careful with infections, the thought that a friend would let me visit without warning me that their child is ill would make me angry.

Thanks everyone. We all are still unwell. It's turned Into a lingering cough and cold with aches and pains and fever. That's exactly how I feel too. I don't want to go near other people's sick children. Fair enough for a little sniffle but anything else no thanks. It's such an inconvenience when the whole family gets poorly for a week. Half the reason things spread is because people think the stupid things my family think. X

I want to say THANK YOU for being a responsible adult about the situation. FAR too many people today risk the health of others by thinking it's no big deal. I hope you're all feeling better now. You did the correct thing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->