Annoying wedding venues

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
We aren't planning on getting married until summer 2015 but I have been looking at venues online to make a short list of which ones to go and visit this summer to see them during summer time and hope to pick one by xmas
My parents will be paying the deposit so I need to find one we can afford,to do this I need to download brochures and look at prices and then add on a few hundred pounds for the price increase in 2 years time.

To download the brochure you need to provide a phone number and email address,ive learnt now to put a fake number in because I am being bombarded with phone calls even though I have ticked please contact me thru email. I HATE speaking on the phone so I try and avoid it if I can.

One woman has emailed me saying she has tried to ring twice with no success and could I ring her to discuss things better discussed over phone (numbet of guests,date in question,type of food needed etc.) to me this is better in an email which is very clear, I know they probably are pushy on the phone and will talk you into spending loads. Its such a nightmare and puts me off the venues,ive not even been to visit them yet ffs I dont want to speak about food yet!!
Rant over

I was showing this to Emma in another thread but I think this one is amazing! www.sixfitzroysquare.com

You can do whatever you want, it's only £2k for the whole day, you cater yourself etc etc. If you book on a Saturday you get the entire house to yourselves, there's a garden you can use.... I love it!

Wow its lovely. I will show it to my OH. Id ideally like to have a barn wedding with a rustic theme. Gaynes park in epping is my dream venue....from what I can see online and what I have read,its way out of our budget tho. I have convinced my oh to go see ye olde ploughouse in upminster tho so fingers crossed its nice.

Ahh that is so annoying! I always give a fake number because I regularly download the brochure and within 2 minutes find out it's not right for us. I understand why they do it but it's so pushy - luckily the venue we love is a family run business so it's got a really friendly atmosphere, I feel like they definitely want to cater for our needs no matter how much it costs. Hopefully you'll find one the same!

Wow Gaynes Park really is stunning but I love Ye Olde Plough House, it has so much character!

Oh my goodness, that'd be enough to put me off for sure :grr: I'd be half tempted to reply with something like "Ever so sorry I've missed your calls...unfortunately my husband-to-be and I are no longer together. He announced to me at my parents anniversary meal that he no longer wants to be known as George and instead wants everyone to call him Florence. As you can imagine this was difficult for me to take in. I was just getting my head around it when he went on to say that he also plans on having a full sex change and is leaving me to be with his long term boyfriend, Raul (of whom I knew nothing about!!!!). I will, of course, keep your venue in mind for when I find another available suiter. Your unfaltering persistence and insessent attempts at getting my attention have been nothing if not memorable. So please let me thank you for taking time out of your (I assume) busy schedule to try and secure my booking. It's unfortunate that I can't get married to myself because I now, more than anything, want to wed at your venue as soon as possible!
Yours faithfully..."

:thumbup:

Oh my goodness, that'd be enough to put me off for sure :grr: I'd be half tempted to reply with something like "Ever so sorry I've missed your calls...unfortunately my husband-to-be and I are no longer together. He announced to me at my parents anniversary meal that he no longer wants to be known as George and instead wants everyone to call him Florence. As you can imagine this was difficult for me to take in. I was just getting my head around it when he went on to say that he also plans on having a full sex change and is leaving me to be with his long term boyfriend, Raul (of whom I knew nothing about!!!!). I will, of course, keep your venue in mind for when I find another available suiter. Your unfaltering persistence and insessent attempts at getting my attention have been nothing if not memorable. So please let me thank you for taking time out of your (I assume) busy schedule to try and secure my booking. It's unfortunate that I can't get married to myself because I now, more than anything, want to wed at your venue as soon as possible!
Yours faithfully..."

:rofl:

:shrug:...would probably stop her from calling/emailing every day!

:muaha:

Yours faithfully..."

LOL, I have emailed her back actually to say I have only just started looking for a suitable venue since wedding is not until 2015 but her constant phone calls and emails have put me off her venue completely and I am not interested anymore.

Ahh that is so annoying! I always give a fake number because I regularly download the brochure and within 2 minutes find out it's not right for us. I understand why they do it but it's so pushy - luckily the venue we love is a family run business so it's got a really friendly atmosphere, I feel like they definitely want to cater for our needs no matter how much it costs. Hopefully you'll find one the same!

yep the first thing I do is scroll down for the price lol, no point in getting excited about it if I know we just can not afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->