Anomaly scan in 12 days, terrified somethings wrong...

KimmyLou

Reaction score
I have my anomaly scan on 13th October and I'm terrified something is wrong.
We opted not to have any of the tests at the 12 week scan. I also had a private scan at 16 weeks which showed we are having a little girl (my husband is now away and we wanted to find out the sex together)
The sonographer didnt say anything apart from the baby was small for my dates. But not concerned and didn't recommend getting in touch with the midwives.
As yet, I've still not had any movement which I know is normal but I felt movement from around 17 weeks with my other 3 children. I also can't shake this feeling somethig is wrong.
Has anyone else felt like this at all? Xx

I definitely empathize, I'm so nervous about mine & it's not till the 25th. There's just so many things to worry about, & I'm a major worrier at the best of times!!
I'm trying to just think positive, but wish I had another scan sooner to check on bubba!

I was worried for my anomaly scan as there's a family history of heart defects, just got jome from scan and everything was absolutely perfect :) i did have the blood tests after 12 week scan but my midwife never got the results so i have no idea what the risk was

Thankyou for your messages. I never felt like this in my 3 other pregnancies which obviously doesn't help. I'm literally counting down the days.
Tatty head..good luck for your scan.
Ichigo, that's fantastic, so glad everything went well for you xx

Hi hun, I haven't relaxed at all this pregnancy but that is partly I'm a worrier and partly because I had 2 mc's between DS2 and this one.

I just wondered if you have been told where your placenta is? Only, a lady I'm in another thread with was worried about similar lack of movement compared to previous pregnancy, and scan showed that her placenta was blocking the movement because it was anterior and low (so right where baby would normally be felt).

Fingers crossed for you x

Hi hun, I haven't relaxed at all this pregnancy but that is partly I'm a worrier and partly because I had 2 mc's between DS2 and this one.

I just wondered if you have been told where your placenta is? Only, a lady I'm in another thread with was worried about similar lack of movement compared to previous pregnancy, and scan showed that her placenta was blocking the movement because it was anterior and low (so right where baby would normally be felt).

Fingers crossed for you x

Very sorry about your previous mc's

The sonographer told me it was high and at the back. I think that's the position you feel more movements in isn't it? Xx

Yes, it shouldn't be blocking movement then. Mine is posterior too and I'm on my 3rd baby so thought I would feel baby really early this time. I think I was about 18/19 weeks before I felt anything definite. Baby is a real jiggler now. You should start to feel baby regularly soon but I read it can take until 24 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->