Another awful pregnancy and starting to feel depressed

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Hey ladies so bit of back story I have had hg with all of my pregnancies (this is #4) and I have had it again this time. I had a placental abruption with my last pregnancy so a lot of bed rest, pain and stress and they now suspect I have it again due to pain tiredness and discharge. This time however I have had no bleeding so keeping my fingers crossed it’s not.
But I am so unwell I have had the flu now for 3 weeks and a double ear infection and it just won’t budge. I have also had gastro/food poisoning over 5 times and I am only 20 weeks. This was a very much unplanned pregnancy and I am just really struggling with accepting the fact I am going to be so unwell again for another 20+ weeks. Last pregnancy my partner had to have about 2 months off all up due to me being in bed rest. And he has already had a few days off for this pregnancy. I have my 20 week scan on the 26th and I am so nervous that they are going to find another abruption and he then has to take the rest of the pregnancy off work. He will get paid but it still doesn’t look great and I hate the stress of not being able to do anything.
I don’t really know what I feel I am going to achieve by making this post I guess I just needed to vent because I am just so miserable all the time this 20 weeks has gone so slow and I feel like it’s going to continue to go this slow because of how crap and unwell and sad I feel.
Anybody else having a hard time enjoying their pregnancy due to stress and illness?
I just wanted to add this is still a very much loved baby despite being unplanned it’s just the pregnancy that has me down.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your health during your pregnancy. I can relate because I was on bed rest for 10 weeks of my first pregnancy due to fibroid tumors which were not behaving. It is very hard to feel crummy and be isolated because you are not feeling well. This was before the days of cell phones and laptops, etc. so I watched a lot of television and read a lot of books. I got through it somehow and had a beautiful baby girl at the end of it all. Take one day at a time and do the best you can. All the best wishes for you and your family.

Me! I'm sorry but I've had a miserable pregnancy. It started with severe morning sickness that I still have to be medicated for, and ongoing nausea. 2 cases of the flu, overwhelming exhaustion, a water aversion (always thirsty but water makes me gag), headaches, and now we found out poor little babe has a heart defect so I get to spend the next 18 weeks in a constant state of worry. I feel your pain!

Thanks for the replies ladies. It is so tough battling health issues while pregnant!
Yayamama so sorry to hear about bubs that will not be easing adding to the already stress of being unwell! And I feel there is a sense of guilt when you feel so miserable about the pregnancy well i do at least and it makes it harder mentally to deal with.
It was so much easier being pregnant and only having the 2 to worry about but having a 3rd and being ill is proving to be much much harder.
Yayamama hyperemesis is so awful isn’t it! Despite having it this time it hasn’t been as severe as previous pregnancies but I still struggle to want to eat food. Having a water aversion is no fun for you either that definitely won’t be helping your headaches you poor thing.
We are close in gestation maybe we can keep each other company :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->