Another BIG baby!

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
So yea, looks like I am going to be having a second 9+ lb baby! At 30 weeks Remy is already measuring to be 3.7 lbs. Really hoping his weight slows down a little but doctors are already estimating a 10lb baby if I go to my due date... :wacko:

DD was 4lb10oz at a growth scan at 33-34 weeks, she was born at 41+5 weighing 7lb1oz. I can't remember how much weight they're meant to put on near the end but she was at least half a pound smaller than expected if she was born at 40weeks

I wouldn't put too much into it.. I had a scan at 36 weeks and they said she was already over 7lb and were estimating 9lb + at birth. Even told me not to bother with newborn baby grows... She was 7.7lb when she was born despite my panic of a huge baby! 🙄

Everyone said the same thing with my first son and he was early and over 9lbs so Im not expecting a smaller baby...

Everyone said the same thing with my first son and he was early and over 9lbs so Im not expecting a smaller baby...

My growth scans have always been spot on. I'm cooking a baby hefalump too. I'm also carrying really high so my poor lungs have had it already !!! :haha:

You should have s little sweepstake on birth weight ! :hugs:

I had a scan at 29 weeks due to previously having very small babies/IUGR and baby weighs 3lb my estimate by 40 weeks is 8lb given that they supposedly gain 0.5lb per week. 3.7lb at 30 weeks doesn’t sound that big. My previous growth scans were always pretty accurate.

Subsequent babies do tend to be bigger... My first three babies were about the same size (7lb13oz, 7lb14oz, 7lb10oz), and my fourth and fifth were over a pound bigger than them (9lb2oz, 8lb15oz)! But none of their sizes were estimated correctly, with my smaller babies measuring much bigger and my bigger babies measuring much smaller. Sigh... They couldn't get it right with mine. ha. But my bigger babies were happier, better feeders, and much healthier. :) I hope yours are happy and healthy as can be, too.

Thanks ladies. I really would like a smaller baby just because pushing out such a large baby was very hard for me. It took just over 3 hours of solid pushing to get him out and I didn't get to see him for 30 minutes after he was born because they had to make sure that he was ok after all of it and that his shoulder didn't dislocate.

Right now he is measuring 2 weeks ahead in weight and size. My DS#1 was the same way. He was almost 3 weeks ahead when I was 38 weeks.

Growth scans can be majorly out so try not to worry too much.

I only had them in my fourth pregnancy because of polyhydramnios because they wanted to watch my fluid levels but they also measured the baby when they did. He was measuring 4lbs 3oz at 29 weeks and then I had another growth scan at 34 weeks when he was measuring 7lbs 1oz already. I ended up going into spontaneous labor the next week, which wasn't unusual due to the amount of fluid and baby I was carrying (between the two I was measuring 38-39 weeks already) and he was 7lbs 10.5oz so the growth scan was nearly spot on for me. I'd hate to see how much he would have weighed had I went to my due date :shock:

I only had them in my fourth pregnancy because of polyhydramnios because they wanted to watch my fluid levels but they also measured the baby when they did. He was measuring 4lbs 3oz at 29 weeks and then I had another growth scan at 34 weeks when he was measuring 7lbs 1oz already. I ended up going into spontaneous labor the next week, which wasn't unusual due to the amount of fluid and baby I was carrying (between the two I was measuring 38-39 weeks already) and he was 7lbs 10.5oz so the growth scan was nearly spot on for me. I'd hate to see how much he would have weighed had I went to my due date :shock:

I think my uterus is made out of rubber lol , my last baby I had polyhydramnios and she was 94th percentile . At 37 weeks my bump measured 49cm as well. How I didn't pop I'll never know . Had an elcs at 38 weeks. Was he ok at 35 weeks or did he need NICU time :hugs:

I had a scan a week before my second was born. They said 8lb 5 and he was born 8lb 6.

Yea, with DS#1 he measured spot on to what they told me. i was so happy to go into labor early because of his size. I know people say not to worry because they can get it wrong but with me it was right and DS#2 has been measuring ahead since 12 weeks and is now almost 2 weeks ahead in size just like DS#1. My doctor and I are going to discuss induction at my next appt because of this but again I hope to go early naturally.

Hope everything turns out okay for you! My son was almost 10 pounds when he was born, but I'm really tall for a woman (6 foot 1 inch) and I pushed him right out in 20 minutes. Probably not what you wanted to hear lol but even though babies tend to get bigger, deliveries tend to get shorter. So you may only push for 20 minutes with this one, even if the baby is a bit bigger!

The nurse told me that if I go into labor naturally this time (I was induced with my son), I had better get to the hospital quick. Once my body figured out what was happening with the pitocin, I went from 6 cm to 10 cm in 30 minutes, and pushed him out in 20. So if I go into labor naturally, it'll be quick, they said.

Probably will have to be induce again though lmao.

Ah I had one at 30 weeks and he was 3lb 4oz. I thought wow that's huge with ten weeks to go lol. I am still awaiting his birth but I expect him to be 8lb plus. Lol. My dd was ten days over and weighed 7lb 9oz which I don't think was bad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->