Another breastfeeding thread by me!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
I think its all over for good now!
Well beings today is monday and Courtney hasnt latched onto my breast since friday night (although was on for a very very long time) I think this is it :cry:!!

She doesnt even begin to suck or latch on anymore... :cry: upsets me because I love bf-ing!! But its just way to frustrating trying to get her on me!! She scrapes about and scratches my nipples and whacks me and kicks me!!

After I really built up my supply as well... I have lots of milk I know I do!! Thursday morning she was off and on me for like ageeeeeeeees!! I know shes getting milk cos you can hear it and see it all round her mouth :)hugs: bless her)

Does anyone have any idea?? I generally think she has lost that innate reflex where babies turn their heads to the chest!! Shes just way favouring bottles... I put her in the feeding position and she turns her head the other way!!

If this is it.... you guys have been lots of help... and I do feel positive that Ive done it for this long.. and I feel confident she has had lots of breast milk in her early weeks of life! Hopefully next time I get an easier baby :lol:

:hug:

Have you tried waiting til she's really hungry, and then smear BM round your nipple...
Another good one is to feed in the bath... don't know why, but they seem to relax and feed better in water :hug:

Tabs now only had boobie early in the morning if she wakes,she loves it in bed on our sides. Today i tried for her 2nd feed and she plainly refused although i think its cos she was desperately hungry and a bottle would flow better lol
She also has all her meds in expressed boobie milk.
She seems to be getting on great so will continue as best as i can with this.

Welldone you for trying so long.Why not give her boobie on the times when she is not desperately hungry? like 10-20 mins before a feed and see what she does xxx

hun I hav latching probs and I express my bm like its going out of fashion I know its not quite the same but it does really work and can sometimes give you a break from feeding yourself give it a go I do have to suppliment 2 feeds a day with formula because I have one duff boob that wont make enough milk. its only advise but do whats best for you and courtney take care sweetie:hugs:

Have you tried waiting til she's really hungry, and then smear BM round your nipple...
Another good one is to feed in the bath... don't know why, but they seem to relax and feed better in water :hug:

she is definetly hungry... and alot of ppl say this too me.... but shes soooo much worse if shes really hungry!!

aw hun :hug: u done good though maybe do what sonny said try feeding her laying on ur side jack likes this to x x

Leeds I fel your pain lol max hasent even looked for the boob in 1 week :( its deff over for me I got a bad cold and could not BF for 3 days and he forgot all about it ..yet still tried to pull my shirt down but i think thats just his man side acting up lol

Plus started my BC pills yesterday

No suggestions for ya... but good job in being so persistent!

U are going through exactly the same as me so i know how u feel- Big hug from me.

I know u must feel down coz i do too but like others say we must be proud that we at least tried it & did it for the most important period.

If our babies are not happy BF then formula is the only way forward!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->