Another Cervical Mucus Thread

Pearl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering, is it possible to ovulate but have not watery/slidey discharge as a sign of it?

I haven't tried doing the whole determing ovulation by CM but i dont think i see a slidey type mucus during the time im meant to ovulate, only slidey stuff i know of having is when aroused and BD & all that ... *confused*

Yes - You don't have to have the egg white CM to get pregnant, you just go with the last day of your wettest CM.

hmm ok...can you explain to me how the mucus is meant to be ??

Here you go, hopefully this will help!

FERTILE CERVICAL FLUID SYMPTOMS

Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - FERTILE
Cervical fluid now becomes much more abundant and will feel wet from 2 - 4 days. It can appear either thick and creamy or like hand lotion and will form peaks in your fingertips when pulled apart or can be thinner and look milky. Color of the fluid is white or yellow and the overall vaginal sensation is wet.
Eggwhite Cervical Fluid - VERY FERTILE
Cervical fluid now reaches its most fertile stage for 1 - 5 days. The fluid will look and have the consistency of eggwhites. It is slippery to the touch and if pulled between the fingertips will stretch 1 - 10 inches! The color can be clear or iridescent and the overall sensation is extremely wet.
Dry, Moist or Sticky - INFERTILE
Cervical fluid will now change drastically due to the drop in estrogen and the surge of progesterone following ovulation. It can be dry, watery, moist or sticky and will remain in that stage until the end of your monthly cycle - which is the day before your menstrual period begins. Any fluid at all will dry up quickly upon your fingertips, can range from no color to white and your overall vaginal sensation will be dry at this time.

Thanks ... I think its helped but at the same time made me more confused because I was thinking that i've seen the first one explained then the last one sounded a little alike too. Anyhoo this time round i'll keep an eye on my CM so i can see a patter/difference etc. Plus the OPKs will help god willing :)

I tried observation of CM and just could not tell. In addition to that, I found if we had been BDing earlier, I was questioning whether this was CM or OH remains!:rofl:

This is what lead me to buy OPKs which I have tried out and has eliminated the problem I had about whether I was ovualting or not. I am in two minds about whether or not to test 10dpo or not. I have read that some other ladies on the forum have had a positive pregnancy result as early as 9dpo!

I tried observation of CM and just could not tell. In addition to that, I found if we had been BDing earlier, I was questioning whether this was CM or OH remains!:rofl:

This is what lead me to buy OPKs which I have tried out and has eliminated the problem I had about whether I was ovualting or not. I am in two minds about whether or not to test 10dpo or not. I have read that some other ladies on the forum have had a positive pregnancy result as early as 9dpo!

So how did you do it with your other pregnancies ? did you use any 'methods' ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->