Another controlled crying Q...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Sorry but didnt want to hijack the other thread...

I was told today NOT to use a controlled crying method and not to let Seth cry himself to sleep.

I didnt know what controlled crying was, but Ive just looked it up and Ive been doing it since he was 3 months old. I feel like an ogre :(

Did anyone else do it from this young, and could this be why we're having problems with him sleeping?

TY :(

xxx

i did it with abby from about one month old so i must be the worst mum alive but now she goes to sleep on her own and sleeps through the night

Thanks, thats really reassuring.

I dont know why Health visitors exist really, I dont know why I still ask them things. I always end up stressing out over what they tell me :(

xxx

We did controlled crying with Bethanie between 3-5 months if I remember correctly! (sorry, seems so long ago now) and she is great through the night now and at nap times, she asks to go to bed when she is tired.

As long as you don't leave him for ages at a time, I can't see why that would be a problem.
All health visitors seem to disagree with each other, so I have always found it best to use their information and make my own mind up.

I let max cry for 5 min especially whens hes fed, changed and has nothing wrong with him lol but i know what crys mean what by now

i think its important to know your babies cries before you give this ago and there is lots of different books worth reading i actually read `Save Our Sleep`

I did with both my girls controlled crying around 2 months , and they both have had no problem ever since. They go to bed without a fuss ( unless ella is having a growth spurt , teething )
Health Visitors all say different things and most rubbish.

were the same, ffion was 9wks when we started

LikeI say, we've been doing this since he was 3 months old but it's the same every night, Still not going down easily at all, usually takes best part of an hour, and up about 6-7 imes through the night.

I cant work out what Im doing wrong :(

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"