Another doggy question.

beth_terri

Reaction score
How did you find your breeder? We def want a beagle after doing the research just need to find one lol xx

I wanted a pomeranian but wanted the perfect pom not just the first one I saw. I looked on all sites like freeads, epups, petsforhomes and I went on the kennel club website and rang every registered breeder that was on there to ask if they had any pups or were expecting any and to put my name down on a list. A hell of a lot of them with ads on the internet through the sites I mentioned are FAKE! and rip off merchants. I was shocked to see just how many are! There's ones that change their story every ad but have the same number, and a few that were on there when I started looking at the beginning of the year that are still advertising to sell this specific tiny 8 week old puppy. In the end a breeder we bought the pom we had when I was younger put an ad in the local paper and I already knew her pups were lovely temperament well looked after happy healthy pups and got her from her :)
I'd just look everywhere but like I say be aware some aren't real. Especially if you're looking for pedigree.x

Contact the breed society / kennel club

I wanted a pomeranian but wanted the perfect pom not just the first one I saw. I looked on all sites like freeads, epups, petsforhomes and I went on the kennel club website and rang every registered breeder that was on there to ask if they had any pups or were expecting any and to put my name down on a list. A hell of a lot of them with ads on the internet through the sites I mentioned are FAKE! and rip off merchants. I was shocked to see just how many are! There's ones that change their story every ad but have the same number, and a few that were on there when I started looking at the beginning of the year that are still advertising to sell this specific tiny 8 week old puppy. In the end a breeder we bought the pom we had when I was younger put an ad in the local paper and I already knew her pups were lovely temperament well looked after happy healthy pups and got her from her :)
I'd just look everywhere but like I say be aware some aren't real. Especially if you're looking for pedigree.x

Yeh were looking all overtrouble is there's none I've seen in Yorkshire so its going to take some Fair travelling to meet the pup and what have you first!! Xx

It was the same when I was looking for one I almost travelled to Manchester to view one until something sounded really off and I decided not to and London but I couldn't get down there the only day the breeder was free lol. I'm sure some more local will come up just takes a lot of patience. I nearly gave up thinking it was hopeless loads of times lol x

I was looking for a springer spaniel so i just googled that. Once i started looking at the links i then cross-referenced the people posting the adverts with the Kennel Club website.

Have you considered adopting? There are breed specific rescue groups all over the states...

Have you considered adopting? There are breed specific rescue groups all over the states...

I want a pup so it grows up with my young children. Rescued dogs have history. (I know most are perfect) but my auntie rescued a german shepard as she adores them. Well this dog had always been around families and young children. Was a perfect dog. Attacked my 5yo cousin when she simply walked past. There was no motive the dog literally just went for her. Bit her in the face, the teeth pierced right below her eye. Shes now scarred for life. Yes this could have happened to anyone with any dog. But it was a rescued dog with a previous life before my aunt x

We have a begal. we found the breeder on pets4homes site. they were linked with a vet surgey so we managed to get some reviews from other customers. ours was pedegree but not kc registered.

ive tried finding our breeder...but cant find it any where as we got ours 3 yrs ago.

What are you hoping to get male/female, tri coloured/lemon? just being nosey

I'd like a tri colour. I think female but I'd be just as happy with a male xx

oooh deff agree with the tri coloured...never thought snoppy looked that good lol.

good luck on your hunt, they are lovely dogs (although hard work!)

We just got a beagle pup last week. We went to a pet shop and I just fell in love with him straight away. Your probs best dealing with a breeder direct than a pet shop because a lot of breeders will sort vaccinations out for you but Toby hasn't had his yet, Pre-Loved has a lot of Beagle breeders on. The shop we got Toby from charged a fortune too but he's worth every penny. I liked the idea of rescuing but with us having young children we decided it was just too risky.

We bought him knowing that Beagle's can be difficult to train and will need a lot of exercise but he's been really well behaved so far and I can't wait to take him out for his first walk once he's had his jabs!

Here's a couple of pics:

toby 1.jpg
toby 2.jpg

Make sure it is somewhere reputable u would be surprised how many puppy farm dealers and fakers there are about. Papers are easily faked - I found out the hard way. Ring around some local vets too to see if they can recommend some decent breeders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->