Another first screening successfully completed!

CK Too

Reaction score
Had my first trimester screening this morning and it was fabby - I´m so relieved. For some bizarre reason, for the last few days I´ve been convinced the doctor would tell me there was no baby to be found - daft eh?

However the little un has two arms and two legs, was wide awake and turning sumersaults, quite amazing to watch for someone who is only 5cm long and weighs 48g!!!

I was relieved that we could pick out the arms and legs quite clearly, as DH´s mum was born without proper arms and hands as a result of tablets prescribed to his Grandma whilst she was pregnant, so we were a bit concerned as to what could happen to us - as its never been proven that it def was the tablets she had taken. DH came out with everything in the right place, so we assumed it was the tablets. Even so when we brought it up with the Doc at the last visit, she said she would refer us to have gene counselling (if we wanted it) - but to me that was like shutting the stable door after the horse had bolted! We should have gone to someone like that when we were thinking of getting pregnant!! Obviously didn´t think about things like that at the time!!

Anyhow we decided not to go for counselling as we wouldn´t have ended the pregnancy. We´ve been walking around like two idiots all day, just repeating to each other "we saw our baby today!!"

Have got two scan photos, but have not been able to scan them it yet, so will post them when I get that done and work out how to post pictures!!

Hi CK Too

That is brilliant news about your bump. Congrats. Am really pleased for you both.

Enjoy your weekend.

xx

Glad everything went great! :hugs:
Can't wait to see the piccies, I bet they're adorable :baby:

So glad that things went well I am looking forward to seeing your pics as I go for my scan next Friday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->