Another newbie... here's my story

Little Miss B

Mommy & expecting
Reaction score
Hi Girls (& guys if any!) :hi:

I just registered yesterday and I have been lurking around and bit the bullet and decided to say hello.

I'm married 10 months to my childhood sweetheart and I can't wait to start a family. So far the first few months of married life has been brilliant and we are so happy. We're moving to a new house in the next few months and I am dreaming about furniture and flooring and I can't wait to one day bring home a little bundle to our new home. (which I've told DH will be full of kids one day!)

I've been using Fertility Friend to chart my cycles and this is only my second cycle of charting. However, I was on the pill for nearly 10 years and finally came off it in December 07 in an effort to get my body ready for TTC. Since then my cycles have been quite different and I still have no idea of when I ovulate as the lengths have ranged from 35day, to 38 days to 49 day and most recently a whopping 62 days long. I did ovulate on this cycle so at least that's something positive!

For this cycle I have started taking EPO and I take Pregnacare too but since January I was just taking Clonfolic (folic acid). I'm hoping my cycle will settle back to a routine of some normality and I think I have noticed an improvement already in my CM as a result of the EPO. :blush: I'm on CD11 today so I would love to think that finally after years of swallowing the yukky poisonous pill it is finally clearing out of my system.

So for the moment, I don't really think I qualify in the TTC group but I can't wait until the day I do. DH and I have spoken about having a family and we both definitely want one (perhaps me more!) which is why we're moving to a bigger house but I am waiting for the day that DH says "Baby, lets make a baby!":sex:

I hope I haven't scared him with my thermometre beeping at 7 every morning or by constantly having my nose in "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler (brillian book may I add! I learned so much from it!). He's not fully convinced about starting a family right now with the move and all that but last week my little heart jumped as we were sitting on the couch, drinking some vino and chatting about our plans for the new house and I said to him "this time next year please God we'll be sat on our new couch in our new house watching telly" to which he replied " yeah, and a little baby sat inbetween us" and he smiled. I tried not to get excited and I didn't want to scare him with the scream of joy that I was holding inside but it made me so happy. He must be coming around to my way of thinking :)

So fingers crossed, my body is recovering from the pill and my cycles won't be as long as the last two and some baby making lies just around the corner for us.

Sorry for the long post but I really got a good feeling from this site and looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you and please God one day sharing very special and happy news with you. But for now, I wish you all the very best in your quest to get :bfp: and visits from the stork.

But maybe for now I might just be watching from the sidelines hoping that one day I get to join the team xxx

So wishing you all lots of :hug: and :dust:

Hi and welcome, hope you enjoy I have and I have only been here for 10 days the girls here are great.:hug:

Thanks for the lovely bug welcome Ladies :hug:

I'm really hoping I'm back to a normal (of some degree) cycle. I think I might be ovulating earlier than I have done the past few cycles. I got EWCM on yesterday and feeling niggling little pains down there.

We were out on Sat night and got it on :sex: when we got home :blush:
We got a bit carried away with out using anything and DH never stopped or "retreated" and in my little head I was thinking "oh please God make this a baby!". Is that daft? :dohh: It's naive of me to think it can happen that easily and I should know better after reading all the stories on here about how hard it can be.

When I talk about TTC with DH he is of the impression that we should just let it happen natuarally and I'm thinking Saturday could have been DH's attempt to let it happen naturally and not interrupt the flow (pardon the pun :rofl: )

So maybe I'm best off not bearing my soul and telling him about my charting and where I am in my cycle lest it put him off! I really want to move form the WTT to the TTC!

Meanwhile I'm really hoping that if I am OV today there are some little swimmers in there still :spermy: and on their marks get set, go! but chances are low and I'm just fooling myself.

I seriously need to snap out of it. Gosh, never thought WTT or TTC could be so mind consuming!

hi im very new but i thought id say good luck TTC, hope everything runs smoothly for you both. :)

hi and welcome! thanks for sharing your story. :)
There are lots of us her ewho stopped BCP and have been having crazy cycles, so you're not alone.

hi and welcome! thanks for sharing your story. :)
There are lots of us her ewho stopped BCP and have been having crazy cycles, so you're not alone.

Thanks Curiosa, I suppose it's the wishful thinking that my cycles should be leveling out and returning to normal lengths. Mind you after being on it so long I can't remember what a normal length was prior to BCP! I know it was one a month anyway but I used to curse AF then.

I used my first OPK yesterday. I told myself I wasn't going to get that involved with the whole process and just stick to charting for now but I couldn't resist the urge to POAS!:rofl:

Anyway, no luck with the OPK. Ovulation is obviously all in my head.
I'll be down the church later to light my candle to St Martha ( a novena I'm doing and don't worry, I'm not a bible basher or anything but was looking for some devine intervention with my cycles!) I'll have a word with Martha and tell her to get on the case or I'll convert :muaha:

Hey Little Miss B

Welcome.....

Hope saturday was a lucky day for you and your BFP...now that'd be a record in TTC.

:hug:

Hey Little Miss B

Welcome.....

Hope saturday was a lucky day for you and your BFP...now that'd be a record in TTC.

:hug:

Thanks Nicnac but I think there'll be no miracles happening concerning me! Nah, my temp isn't high and there's still no sign on my chart of me having O'd so I'll just have to keep an eye out on fertility friend for when I do.

I really hope I don't have as long a cycle as my last and I'd even be ecstatic just to see a shorter cycle. That'd mean at least I have more chances of a :bfp: rather than Ovulating every second month :hissy:

Ah well... back to the drawing board that is Fertility Friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->