Another Newbie

Just Visiting

1st Baby
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I have been lurking on this website for the past 3 weeks or so. I figure it is time to formally introduce myself. My name is Joanne, 37 years old, live in the Prairies of Canada (we have extreme weather), first time mom, and will be 16 wks this coming Wednesday. My live-in boyfriend and I are nervous and excited for the new addition (due August 6, 2008).

We have decided not to know what the sex is before the baby is born. It is tempting to ask but part of the fun is waiting. However, we feel that it is a boy.

I have gained about 12 pounds so far (yikes!). I am TRYING not to worry about it. Before I was pregnant I averaged about 137 lbs (5'4") and kept myself in good shape, especially with outdoor activity in the summer time. Whenever I noticed my clothes getting a bit tight, I would increase my activity level until it was back to my usual weight. Now as I gain more weight, I have to suppress the mental voices that urge me to diet and hit the gym.

My first trimester was tough. I was tired all the time and felt nauseated. It was like being hungover. Also, my eating got away from me and had to have something every 2 hours or else the nauseated feeling would kick in. With the winters we had, it made it even harder to get up do something physical. Even for 10 minutes. :wacko:

With my 2nd trimester, things are getting better physically. I am not as tired or wickedly hungry at the drop of a hat. I drink alot more water and eat more fruits and vegetables. I have one meal per day and snack the rest. My stomach is probably getting smaller as I get full faster. I do find that I get indigestion more, especially in the evenings which is a pain in the butt. Luckily with the water and fruit consumed, I am not constipated.

The only thing I need to work on more is my physical activity. That can be increased....I am trying to get out of that lazy phase. Once the weather improves here, I imagine I will be outdoors walking more.

I had my 2nd prenatal appointment this past week. Everything is normal so far. We were able to hear the heartbeat which cements the fact that there really is a baby in there. I am starting to notice that my belly is getting heavier and firmer. An appointment has been booked through my doctor for genetic counselling and have some screenings done. I am a bit nervous and hope everything with the baby is okay.

I think I wrote enough...lol. :happydance: Have a great day!

Hiya Joanne,
Welcome to B'N'B :)

https://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/Suz_0420/hello5.gif

Joann! Sounds like my first pregnancy! I gained a bit of weight too, DR had to tell me to watch it, I was fortunate to be able to get out and go on walks with the dogs....after DS was born that is when I had the lazy bug set it, with a newborn I was exhausted just from my Mommy duties, let alone going and getting other necessary things done! Hang in there, glad that you are waiting for the surprise on your baby's sex, we did and it was wonderful! With this next one I am going to find out, I have kept almost everything of DS's, not all of it suitable for a girl!!

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->