another newbie

hiya!! congrats!!
ive not had it confirmed yet but think im due around june 28th. its our first baby, am excited but worried to xx

I totally understand I'm happy and worried too but I think I've Bern really negative and that I need to just be happy about it :)
And I'm avoiding bad pages in Internet and googling 'what can go wrong in pregnancy' LOL

I'm not sure if it's because I have a history of Thyroid Disease, although I am fine now, but my doctor is having me come in at a little over 6 weeks. I will have to be closely monitored because of that, but should be fine. I am just over 5 weeks, Mel.

Oh, Melissa, I don't know for sure what exact size my baby is! lol I just read that somewhere, on Babycenter...

At 5 weeks:

How your baby's growing:
Deep in your uterus your embryo is growing at a furious pace. At this point, he's about the size of a sesame seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. He's now made up of three layers — the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm — which will later form all of his organs and tissues.

At 4 weeks (I think that's where you are):

How your baby's growing:
This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. As a result, this is the time when she'll be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with her development.

Right now your baby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop.

The primitive placenta is also made up of two layers at this point. Its cells are tunneling into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for your blood to flow so that the developed placenta will be able to provide nutrients and oxygen to your growing baby when it starts to function at the end of this week.

Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house your baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion her as she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces your baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.

Hi Mel and congrats. Think I'm due 25th of June, hope to get a better idea when I go for my first scan next week :eek:

:hug:

Oh, Melissa, I don't know for sure what exact size my baby is! lol I just read that somewhere, on Babycenter...

At 5 weeks:

How your baby's growing:
Deep in your uterus your embryo is growing at a furious pace. At this point, he's about the size of a sesame seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. He's now made up of three layers — the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm — which will later form all of his organs and tissues.

At 4 weeks (I think that's where you are):

How your baby's growing:
This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. As a result, this is the time when she'll be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with her development.

Right now your baby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop.

The primitive placenta is also made up of two layers at this point. Its cells are tunneling into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for your blood to flow so that the developed placenta will be able to provide nutrients and oxygen to your growing baby when it starts to function at the end of this week.

Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house your baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion her as she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces your baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.

OMG! i was just googling that too and it says that on 18DPO your baby's heart start beating.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!???

This is so amazing, I am way excited :)

5 weeks! we're right there!

Hi Mel and congrats. Think I'm due 25th of June, hope to get a better idea when I go for my first scan next week :eek:

:hug:

Your first scan! That's so exciting, you're probably counting the days huh? You're also going to your scan pretty soon! I just had some blood drawn today and I'll have the result of my hcg tomorrow, my ob just wanted to make sure my numbers are going up :)

Let me know how it goes!

hi everyone!
Just got my first bfp on Saturday :) I've been really nervous and couldn't believe I was actually pg! I kept testing just to be sure it was real :p

Now after taking a blood test to confirm I know I'm on 4w2d I'm so excited!! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing the most amazing time in our lives. I want to help and be able to get some questions answered, is there anybody out here that is due on or around June 30?

So so happy and excited!!!

Woohoo! Congratulations! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
It's great to see you over here in 1st trimester!

Cre8tive (rhonda right?) omg that's so far away (or so it seems) I was told I could make an app mid November I just can't wait...!!! I'm going for a second blood test tonight to check on my hcg levels :)

yes you've got it right! I know I don't want to wait for 10 weeks either! That's well over a month away! :hissy: I may call next week and see if I can go in for a blood test. Just to confirm everything. I need more vitamins anyways!

hi everyone!
Just got my first bfp on Saturday :) I've been really nervous and couldn't believe I was actually pg! I kept testing just to be sure it was real :p

Now after taking a blood test to confirm I know I'm on 4w2d I'm so excited!! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing the most amazing time in our lives. I want to help and be able to get some questions answered, is there anybody out here that is due on or around June 30?

So so happy and excited!!!

Woohoo! Congratulations! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
It's great to see you over here in 1st trimester!

OMG!! Jerseygirl!! Congratulations to you too! Are you in your 6th week?

Thanks Melissa! I am actually 7 weeks/5 days today.

I have been for two scans and at the last one, this past Monday, we saw the baby and heard/saw the heartbeat!! :happydance:

Let me tell you...it was the coolest thing ever :) I drove home in shock from the doctor's office when it really hit me that there is a living, breathing baby in my belly...I felt like a mama kangaroo :rofl: Now I just feel like a mom! :happydance:

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!
Jeannie

Congrats Mel. I just got my bfp yesterday and saw dr this morning who thinks I'm due on 24 June.

DevotedMommy, I'm in the same position as you in just coming off b/c and not knowing where cycle is at really.

Oh and the site I found about baby's development earlier said that this week the bubba has "limb flippers" which made dh and I laugh. :laugh2:

Congrats Mel. I just got my bfp yesterday and saw dr this morning who thinks I'm due on 24 June.

DevotedMommy, I'm in the same position as you in just coming off b/c and not knowing where cycle is at really.

Oh and the site I found about baby's development earlier said that this week the bubba has "limb flippers" which made dh and I laugh. :laugh2:

Shinona, we are really close! :) Congrats! Yes, "limb flippers" is hilarious! :haha:

hiya,

congrats! im due july 1st!!! Have a happy and healthy 8 months, hun!!!

Hugs, Omi xxx :)

omg we're really close! Have you had any symptoms yet?

To be honest, not much. I never had any morning sickness last time (mc) but i would like to have some now just to know things are moving along, you know. Just the usual, feeling bloated, windy (nice, lol!) slight, small cramps, peeing a bit more, boobs a bit sore. I hope for more- bring it on, i say, lol! ( also, would have had edd of june 25th but ov late this month so so far July 1st) How about you?

:) xxx

omi - I know! I'm the same, just bring on the morning sickness!!! I do pee a lot during the day and I try to have as much water and milk as possible :)
I just scheduled my first ob apointment for nov 21 and I'm really excited! Hopefully we will get to hear the heartbeat!!!

Congratulations Mel82! I got my :bfp: on Tuesday and have tested twice since just to make sure! My boyfriend thinks I'm mad to keep checking! I'm not 100% sure when I'm due - somewhere between 24-27 June! Sending lots of love and :hug: to you xx

Congratulations Mel82! I got my :bfp: on Tuesday and have tested twice since just to make sure! My boyfriend thinks I'm mad to keep checking! I'm not 100% sure when I'm due - somewhere between 24-27 June! Sending lots of love and :hug: to you xx

CONGRATULATIONS!! I have like 7 positive hpt tests in the bathroom, i kept checking to make sure i'm not dreaming! I had another blood test done on Thursday and it showed me what i was hoping for: hcg levels are doubling! I'm really happy and confident now :)

Let's be pg buddies!

hey !! CONGRATULATIONS!! i'm due 27th june and my first midwife appt is the 21st nov!!! how are you feeling...i'm also not getting very many symptoms...slight cramps n bb's a little sore n defo a bit bigger but thats about it really....i know it sounds wrong but i want full on ms just so i know its actually happening.....does that sound crazy????

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"