Another one about bleeding (Warning, TMI)

Rachel_C

Reaction score
Sorry to post another thread about bleeding, but I'm just wondering what to expect when I see the doctor this afternoon.

About two weeks ago, my husband and I were getting intimate and I went to the loo just after foreplay and I noticed bright red blood when I wiped. Sorry for TMI but it was kind of watered down by my normal... err... secretions. I was really worried but I didn't contact my midwife or doctor because I hate hospital stuff and we were four hours from home. It seemed like a lot of blood at the time, but it was probably no more than half a teaspoon really. I had no cramping or anything. It never stained my underwear and over the next few hours, when I went to the loo and wiped, it gradually stopped, with the blood getting darker each time. We thought that maybe my husband had scratched me with his fingernails and decided not to worry about it.

But twice over the last two weeks, I've had a few spots of brown blood in my underwear, both times after I'd done something a bit strenuous - once after lifting boxes and once after going out for a long walk that tired me out. I've never had any pain but I did notice while I was lifting that low down in my tummy felt a bit tight, like I was wearing a pair of tights that were too small.

I haven't had any spotting for about 6 days now and I've got my anomaly ultrasound in two weeks but my husband has noticed how moody and worried I've been recently and he's convinced me to go and see my GP. I've booked an appointment for 5pm today. I'm hoping that she'll listen for a heartbeat, which I've not actually heard yet, though we did see the heart beating on the 12 week scan. I'm kind of worried about how to tell her what caused the original bleeding. I don't know what to say! I know doctors have probably heard it all, but saying 'foreplay' to her just seems wrong! And do you think she'll tell me off for not going in sooner? Do you think she'll do an internal exam? I've never had one and it really scares me, though I know I'll have to get used to it at some point!

Thanks,

Rach x

i really dont know what it could be, but your right in getting it checked. just be honest with the doctor..good luck hun xx

Hi Hun,
Seriously dont worry about saying 'foreplay'.........or you could say that you noticed the blood after 'sexual activity'........or does that sound worse!!!!!!! Dr's really have seen/heard it all before. I really hope all is ok, i am not sure what she will do, maybe refer you for another scan????
fx for you
xx

I have had a few light bleeds during my pregnancy and have been told that it is probably some cervical errosion which is supposed to be fairly common. However, although the midwife told me this, she also said i should contact them anytime there is any blood just to be sure.

I hope everything goes ok at the docs. Don't worry about telling her what initially caused it, I'm sure they've heard a lot worse and its better to be completely open xx:hug:

Ahh hun don't worry - they have heard it all before - I had a post coital bleed with baba#2 at about 17 weeks - they said a blood vessel in the cervix had burst and it was quite common and nothing to worry about!! :)

I would say "It first happened after my husband had had his hand down there." Seriously, they hear the worst kind of language from extremely uncivilized people, they'll just be glad that you're not being rude about it. Or you can say "foreplay". You kind of need to say it for her to get the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->