Another plagiophacily post/mimos pillow

sproutly2003

Reaction score
My LO is 12 weeks old and has a flat area the back right of his head. I feel like an awful mother because of it. I try not to put LO down in the day, whether it be lying or in his bouncer, but it's hard. I bought a blow up ring hoping that would be better as it's air filled, less pressure on his head? But I don't know. I've also ordered a mimos pillow, does anyone have experience with these. My health visitor is referring to physio for assessment to check for torticollis. It's stressing g me out so much I'm not enjoying motherhood. I keep being told that the majority of babies heads sort themselves out, but I can't help but think what if Archie is the. Minority? I feel guilty every time I put him down.

My friends baby had plagio and it resolved itself.

My LO has severe plagiocephaly and flattening of the back of the head. we tried a mimos pillow without daughter which didnt help much but she was 4 months when we started using it. Your LO is a good age for repositioning to still work.
Unfortunately we felt we had to go down the helmet route, as our LO's condition would not self correct with repositioning and keeping her off her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->