Another sleep question..

Layla

Reaction score
Sorry for another thread, but i wanted to make sure this gets seen,

About 3 times a month (roughtly) Coby wakes up in the night screaming, if we touch him he freaks out completely so we have to sit and watch untill he is ready to come to us.

When he does this he is wriggling around loads so its hard to hold him. he always wants to go down stairs but for no aprent reason, he just screams and screams and nothing we do can console him. Coz we dont know whats wrong with him we always give him a drink and some medience and after a while he will stop crying and then want to go back up to bed. (he goes to sleep right away)

Last night it happend again but it went on for longer, i have never heard him scream like that, we cant deicde whthers hes had a bad dream or whether he is in pain, its so hard to know what is wrong with him.
Last night he wouldnt let us near him for ages, he screamed if we went close to cuddle him, after a while he came to us but still screaming, crying and wriggling about. We gave him teh normal drink and medicence but it took alot longer for him to calm down.

I got to the point where i wanted to phone the doctoe but as Jase pointed out, if he wont let us near him and we cant figure out whats wrong, how will the doc?

He went to sleep in teh end and has woken up fine, like nothing ever happend. I dread when he has these 'episodes' as i have no idea whats wrong with him.

Does anyone elses baby/child have anything like this?

Any idea on what it might be would be welcomed, i hate seeing him so upset.

x

I haven't had this my self but it sounds like night terrors to me, because it isn't all the time i wouldn't say he was in pain.
He prob won't let you near for a cuddle because he doesn't realise it is you still 1/2 asleep if you get me
I don't know much about them but your HV/Gp should be of some help
Good luck hun x

found this, may help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/nightmare2.shtml

my son used to get this 2 it was frightening to watch and not be able to help but turned out he was dreaming didnt even know it was happening we just had to let him sort him self out he did grow out of it hang in there.

thanks guys

Jo that link was helpful, thanks. looks like thats what they are, and that his lack of sleep routine is to blame.

I just phoned my HV and she said the same so i will really have to get tough with Coby now at bedtimes, so so hard tho, im such a softie.

x

Oh am glad it helped, I know it will be hard being tough with him but it will be worth it in the end hun
What about maybe Jase doing the bedtime routine?

he did for a couple of days, seemed to work but then Coby refused to go to bed again so we gave up lol

will talk to him about it tonight and see if we cant come up with a plan to stick to

x

Fingers crossed for you hun xx

Thanks, its horrible knowing i have to do it, i cant watch supernanny or baby whisperer when they try these sleep routines for teh first time, altho i know its for teh best, it upsets me to see the babys/children so upset.

x

I know its horrible but it won't be for long and you know it will do him good in long run, but they are our babys and we don't want to upset them.
I can't offer loads of advice on how to go about it as mine have nver really had a problem( sorry know thats not what you want to hear LOL)

But if it makes you feel any better Jack still wakes at least twice a week at stupid o'clock for Drinkie (milk) and i don't have an idea how to stop him, tried leaving water in his room but i found him cuddled up to it and soaking wet!!!

could he be having night terrors do u have a light in his bedroom like a dim one so its not full dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->