Another sleep question

A

AppleBlossom

I was just wondering if those whose babies slept through tended to be more content and happy overall than babies who didn't get much sleep?? My OH's little sister is nearly 1 and she is salways really happy and she has slept through the night since she was born. Grace on the other hand doesn't sleep well and she is very narky and grouchy a lot of the time. Anyone else found this?

Not for me. Caitlyn doesn't sleep through the whole night anymore and she is just as happy now as she was when she was sleeping through.

not sure on that one..maddy slept through from an early age and looooves her sleep even now!! she was always a very happy baby...

Tommy is generally a happy baby, he screams when hes hungry so your ears hurt but generally only cries if hes in pain or hungry...he sleeps through the night now but didnt before and hes just as happy i think...my friends baby however is reallt grumpy in the day and cries a lot and he doesnt sleep through, we all think its because hes tired but wont give in,.,.hes like an old lady already so bloody nosey and doesnt want to miss anything so wont sleep lol

sorry this prob doesnt help you!?!?

h x

Tabs does really well at night time with sleeping...settles off about 7pm...i wake her when we go to bed for a top up and she doesnt wake until6-7am ish....sometimes stirs in the night for dummy/teething but thats it.
During the day though its a different story!! She doesnt nap for very long usually 35 mins tops. She does get very unhappy if she is over over tired and is known to scream for an hour because she fights it. 70% of daytime waking hours she is pretty happy though.
xxxxxx

Grace are you giving your mummy a hard time?, love Tabs xxx

I think it depends more on how well they sleep when they so sleep. If they sleep through the night, but are restless and keeping waking up and drifting off then there is a good chance they will wake up grumpy. If they sleep soundly for less time they could possibly wake up feeling like they had more sleep.

Saying that, my boy was going to sleep at +- 8 and then waking up for a bottle at 9:30 then sleeping till 6. He would wake up grumpy!
Now he gets a bottle at 8, goes to sleep until 6 and wakes up chatting and smiling rather than crying. I think its because he gets so much uninterupted sleep.

I really can't say.

I know she's a bit too young to compare but Lola-Rose hardly ever cries and she isn't cranky but she isn't sleeping through the night.

I don't think Grace's little crankiness and tough sleeping has much to do with her personality.xxx

callum hasnt slept through the night for ages and he's always happy and content. Nicole was the same, a little madam but happy.

Tommy always slept through the night until hunger got the better of him and he is a really happy baby - just not when hungry - then he is a MONSTER!:)

maddi's a happy baby and sleeps through the night, but i really don't think that honey, tbh i just think its luck that maddi sleeps through, i waiting for her not too - its gotta come! :hugs: for you sweetie, it must be so tough with lack of sleep :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->