Another soap nut Q

Kaites

Reaction score
Well, I've done 3 rounds of nappy washes with the soap nuts now and I'm pretty much ready to ditch them but still really want them to work for us since they would be so much better for Emma's skin than detergents. We have the problem of stains not coming out (annoying but I can live with stained inserts) but worse than stains, we have major ammonia odors now. The diapers come out of the wash smelling as bad as the did going in :growlmad: Using a bit of essential oils is only going to mask the problem. Anyway, we've got soft water and I've tried increasing the # of nuts we're using but it hasn't helped. Our usual wash routine is a cold agitation cycle, followed by a full warm water wash (athough l have tried hot water washes too) and we've stopped doing an extra rinse at the end. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem at the start? It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if using the soap nuts is having a strip wash effect, releasing odors that were masked by detergent and maybe if I stick with it long enough, it will work :shrug: I haven't checked for bubbles in my rinse cycles yet but this is the only explanation I can come up with, other than the soap nuts not working.

I'm not sure hon, I haven't had that particular problem with them. Maybe your inserts were in need of a strip wash anyway? It might be worthwhile doing a strip and then seeing how they wash afterwards.

Id probably do a strip wash and see what happens then.
Ive not had any problems with the soapnuts, they work really well for us.

Thanks ladies! Ick- I hate doing strip washes- guess I know what's on my agenda for tomorrow, lol :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->