Another Stupid Sure Start Question.

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I was just filling in the form and now I'm confused by when I can send it.

It says you can claim from 11 weeks before the week your baby is due. Does that basically mean I can claim from 12 weeks before he's due (when I'm 28 weeks)? Why don't they just say that!! :wacko:

I know this is only a weeks difference but I want to get it in ASAP as when I asked today they said they were being delayed. Also I have a feeling if I leave it our circumstances may change and we won't get it or it will end up even more delayed while they wait on our claim for income support.

When you're 29 weeks you can send off for your grant, have you got your Mac B form from the midwife sorted and stamped n that? Get that sorted now if you haven't, and then send off the form when you're 29 weeks. :)

Send it before or after. Theres a bit in form for your MW or HV to sign for you is all!

We couldn't apply until after because of the requirements which we reached after her birth not before :D

You can apply from week 29 of your pregnancy... You'll need to get your midwife or another health professional to fill out and sign / stamp the last page of the application form.

I applied for mine in week 29 and recieved the check through the post before the week was up, so I wouldn't worry about delays; if you fill it out correctly and put all the required info in then your application should be processed fairly quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->