Another thread about naps!

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
My dd is nearly 6 months old. She can still only stay awake for a maximum of 2 hours in the day but only an hour and a half before the first morning nap. Is this normal? My son definitely stayed awake longer at this age!
When is the usual age for dropping to just one morning and one afternoon nap? I cannot for the life of me remember when my ds did this!
Also, she usually has an hour and a half in the morning but then all her other naps are cat naps but she still seems tired after them. If her morning nap is shorter then she is grumpier afterwards but will have a lovely long lunchtime nap of 2-2.5 hours! I'm Not site what I should be expecting or encouraging. At the moment her routine changes by the day and if like to get her into a more regular routine but can't decide whether a long morning nap or long lunchtime nap is best? Any thoughts? What do/did your LOs do at a similar age?

Even at nearly 18 months, DS still takes his morning nap after only being up for 2-3 hours, he will then go most the rest of the day before his afternoon nap. It's weird.

Sounds perfectly normal though! DS only went to two a day after 1 year I think. Sometimes it's 2, sometimes it's 1 long one nowdays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->