Another Wonderful Homebirth

kcj2008

Reaction score
Hi everyone just thought that I would post my homebirth story! Bubba decided to turn up a week late. I had woken with what I though were mild contractions which went off after around an hour, however was in alot of pain walking all day.

As it had started snowing heavily my Hubby and Mum decided I should call my Independant Midwife at 11pm as she was over an hour away. I was still sure I would be wasting her time:haha:

My midwifes arrived armed with duvets and pyjamas to camp in my front room, as it turned out I was 4-5cm's at this point but bubbas head was not central and membranes were bulging we think now the membranes dilated me not bubbas head!! It was decided that we should all try to get some sleep - yeah right :) So I decided to sit like a buddha while my Hubby and little girl snored away this was 2am. Contractions were behaving very strangely ranging from 7 to 5 mins apart but as I had started shaking by this point and knew from previous births that I was probably 6-7cms if this was happening, I woke my midwife. We decided to fill the pool, I felt very very calm still. At around 5am I asked for an examination as I the contractions were still very strange timings and to be honest not hugely intense, turns out I was 9.5 to 10cms!!! I decided to walk around as the birthing pool was still not filled. It took me a good 20 minutes to be brave enough to remove the tens and get in the pool. My hubby went to make a coffee as my Mum was mopping my brow and my midwife called him in to say the head was on its way. Instead of pushing I breathed the baby out very slowly and can honestly say that the pain was still not intense, baby was born in his caul and popped out screaming within 2 minutes which is wonderful as my 3 other children all had breathing issues.

All in all it was a wonderfully relaxed and calm homebirth, my baby boy weighed 9lb 4oz which is huge for me, but no stitches or tears at all. Luckily I had a very supportive midwife who knew about my Group B strep and obviously we observed baby after birth, however I know if I had gone with my local NHS midwifes I would not of had the support for a homebirth. 5 mins after birth I was sat eating biccies and having a cup of tea, my 3 kiddies had come down by then and were gazing in wonder at their baby brother :cloud9:

This was my 4th baby and funnily enough I was more concerned this time but the birth could not have gone better. I am so loved up with my little man and already broody but have been told another is a big no no:haha:

Good luck to everyone who is planning a homebirth it truely is the most magical and empowering thing you could ever do and I feel so happy each time I think of my homebirths compared to my hospital births. Sorry for rambling xx

Thanks for sharing - hoping for a home water birth with my third in the next three weeks :)

Congratulations - sounds like a perfect home birth xxx

oh how wonderful. I have hopes of a home water birth, although I am a little anxious as this is my first so I have no idea how I will cope.

Fingers crossed mine can be as calm as yours!

well done x

What a wonderful homebirth, you did an amazing job!:hugs: I love reading homebirth stories, it really helps to empower me and have confidence that, I too, can do it. Thanks for sharing.:flower:

What a fantastic account. Just how it should be. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->