Anovulatory Cycle?

TTC74

Reaction score
Well, I'm baffled. I haven't O'd yet according to my fertility monitor or the OPKs that I've been using to double check at night (monitor uses FMU). Today, my temp spiked. I'm sure hoping it's a fluke and not the beginning of my thermal shift. If it's the latter, it was almost certainly an anovulatory month. I know that the fertility monitor works better on it's second month because it saves data and "learns" my body. Still, I was sure hoping not to get to next month. I guess I just have to wait and see, but I'm feeling discouraged. Anyone have any thoughts?

Well, I'm baffled. I haven't O'd yet according to my fertility monitor or the OPKs that I've been using to double check at night (monitor uses FMU). Today, my temp spiked. I'm sure hoping it's a fluke and not the beginning of my thermal shift. If it's the latter, it was almost certainly an anovulatory month. I know that the fertility monitor works better on it's second month because it saves data and "learns" my body. Still, I was sure hoping not to get to next month. I guess I just have to wait and see, but I'm feeling discouraged. Anyone have any thoughts?

Did you get any readings on your fertility monitor above low or has it been low the whole time? I would think you might have O'ed with that temp drop on the CD8? But I'm still learning how to read FF - I would think you might get crosshairs soon?

Oh yes. I've been at "high" fertility for about 5 days. This is my first month using the monitor, and I understand that it gets more advanced at reading your hormones the longer you use it. So, I sure hope that it just missed my O or that I'm about to O, but with the raised temp this morning, I'm afraid that the thermal shift is imminent.

Oh yes. I've been at "high" fertility for about 5 days. This is my first month using the monitor, and I understand that it gets more advanced at reading your hormones the longer you use it. So, I sure hope that it just missed my O or that I'm about to O, but with the raised temp this morning, I'm afraid that the thermal shift is imminent.

Hmmm...I'm using the monitor for the first time this month too. Today was my first day using it after AF and it gave me a high reading right away while last nights OPK didn't look anywhere near positive. My temps are still rising/leveling off at this point but it's still early days for me.

So when you have a spike like that it often means you've had an anovulatory cycle?

I don't think so. It's just that it never gave me a peak reading and once you get your thermal shift, that means time for O has past. I haven't technically gotten my thermal shift since it takes 3 high readings, and I've only gotten once, but I am anticipating that this is the beginning of my thermal shift. If you look at my chart, you'll see that I got a high reading very early, too. So, maybe the monitor is just not that great the first month while it is learning your hormones.

I don't think so. It's just that it never gave me a peak reading and once you get your thermal shift, that means time for O has past. I haven't technically gotten my thermal shift since it takes 3 high readings, and I've only gotten once, but I am anticipating that this is the beginning of my thermal shift. If you look at my chart, you'll see that I got a high reading very early, too. So, maybe the monitor is just not that great the first month while it is learning your hormones.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like.....I see your high readings now. I missed them earlier. Haha Well maybe now that we've bumped your thread up someone more knowledgeable can chime in! :)

If you have an anovulatory cycle you don't have a thermal shift. The temp rise will ONLY occur if you've ovulated. Also, it's possible that you never went from high to peak because you didn't have a super strong surge, or your body's surge is less than what the device usually registers. You're right, probably after using it for a month or two it will learn your body.

For example - I have a super strong surge. So when I use opks, I'll have a positive one, where the lines are equal in darkess/thickness, that isn't actually positive for me. My positives are when the test line is far darker than the control.

I would guess you ovulated on cd10.

GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->