Anovultation or implantation bleed?

LucyFur

Reaction score
I know, I need to step away from google. I've freaked myself out. I was looking for answers and stumbled upon something called an anovulation. But I don't understand and I'm tired and confused and need some one to help me understand. I was on the mini pill for about 4 years and had no periods at all. I came off to TTC and had my period on time after a 28 day cycle, it was red, but lighter.

This month a week before AF was due I had very light brown spotting on and off for a few days, as I was TTC I saw that as a positive sign that I could be pregnant. My AF never came and now I'm 8 days late. But I keep testing negative. I have heard that some women take longer to get a BFP, but it's starting to get me down. I have plenty if symptoms that I took as pregnancy symptoms; I'm nauseous most of the time (but rarely vomit), I'm having daily headaches, been feeling very dizzy, I'm totally exhausted, very emotional, my breasts are sore and I am very bloated.

I can't seem to get through the medical jargon to understand. Does anovulation bleeding happen a week before AF or instead of it? What's the different between anovulation bleeding and implantation bleeding? Can you get it and still have pregnancy symptoms?

I guess I'm just down and confused today, I had another BFN.

Anovulation means having a cycle where you don't ovulate.

The bleeding could be a few things. Women have light spotting sometimes when they ovulate. That happens also if you have a cyst. It also may just be your body adjusting to being off of the pill. Sometimes it takes quite a while for your hormones to completely go back to normal.

I would bet that the spotting was ovulation and the symptoms you are having now are PMS symptoms. It sucks because they are identical to early pg symptoms. You may want to try charting until your cycle gets back to normal.

Good luck :)

Hi all
could rele do with some advice...I usally have my period around the 19th/20th of each month but this month it came 5 days early and only lasted one day at a medium flow.have been having the few early pregnancy symptoms like headache,frequently needin the loo minor sickness feeling, eating alot more , extreme tiredness, lower abdominal cramps and in my uterus im sure I can feel a tingling in my tummy my emotions r everwere atm got alot goin on rele lol but my period was due yesterday and didnt turn up so I took a clear blue pregnancy test which came back negative agen no sign of period today but still feeling these symptoms can enyone give me advice I never felt non of this with my son befor I found out. Any advice would b rele appreciated

Hi all
could rele do with some advice...I usally have my period around the 19th/20th of each month but this month it came 5 days early and only lasted one day at a medium flow.have been having the few early pregnancy symptoms like headache,frequently needin the loo minor sickness feeling, eating alot more , extreme tiredness, lower abdominal cramps and in my uterus im sure I can feel a tingling in my tummy my emotions r everwere atm got alot goin on rele lol but my period was due yesterday and didnt turn up so I took a clear blue pregnancy test which came back negative agen no sign of period today but still feeling these symptoms can enyone give me advice I never felt non of this with my son befor I found out. Any advice would b rele appreciated

Fulltimemommy, you may get better advice from starting up your own thread Hun.

I'm anovulatory but have never had bleeding because of it.
Anovulatory just means you don't ovulate therefore don't get a period.

Thanks! I should stop googling, I scared myself yesterday. Plus I was having a bad day, feeling dizzy, nauseous and a friend let me down. I'm pretty sure this isn't what I've got. T

I'm very frightened of this too because I read that getting brown discharge could be a symptom ... But could also be a symptom of pregnancy.
Done tests and all were bfn.
I had mine two days before expected AF but stopped on the day AF was due.
Have you had your BFP yet ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->