'Answer' OPK

Jazavac

Mom to Markus
Reaction score
Does anyone use them? Do they work?

I ran out of my internet cheapies (Wondfo) and Amazon cancelled one of my orders due to some issues with the reseller and, well, I ran out of tests. And I need them these days. I bought a pack of 'Answer' whatevers (it was the cheapest way to go at our local Walmart) and now... well, argh.

My OPK plus is pretty much due tomorrow and my morning Wondfo test showed almost-a-surge.

I tested with this 'Answer' thing in the afternoon and there was NO second pink line at all.

I do quite a lot of POAS business so I pretty much know what to expect, and when. When I do get a positive, it's a clear one, so I'm not worried I'm reading things wrong.

Did I spend money on some random trash today? :/

I just started using them 3 days ago. I thought they were trash so I bought some clearable easy digitals to do along with the answer ones.

sorry hun never heard of them

i've only used the "Answer" hpt but those were accurate:shrug:

I used them this month along with my CBFM and I had 3-4 dayd of positives so I'm thinking they may not be that reliable!

And I can't get them to display even a nicely visible CONTROL line. :rofl:

They were the brand I used for my first month TTC and never got a + (although I was using them with FMU and later learned that was not a good idea). My best friend used them and they worked for her so maybe test several times a day? I use the Wondfos and then confirm with a clear blue easy digital. They both have worked really well for me.

And I can't get them to display even a nicely visible CONTROL line. :rofl:
:haha: please keep me posted! I was thinking of doing opks if i dont get preggers this cycle and i was going to use these

I just used the clear blue easy digital today along with that answer one and I like it so much more! Those answer ones are hard to read.

I have used Answer OPKs 7 out of our now 10 months of trying to concieve. I really like them and don't plan on switching brands. Every month but one (but i was coming off of bcp that month), i have had 2 positive days... usually one was a HIGH and the other was the positive day ... but i count both as positives.

I have never had a faulty test.. but i do pee in a cup and then let it soak for 5 seconds versus trying to squat and pee without hitting my hand. Im not that cordinated LOL

The control line has always shown up clearly for me and the ovulation side usually has about half a line going down that is solid in color and then it fades out... when that half of a line that is solid in color is as dark as the control line... that would indicate a positive. You don't have to have a full blown thick line.

Sometimes reading results.. no matter what brand you use, can be hard to decifer... that's why i tend to stay with the same brands (answer opks and first response hpt), so i can know what's "normal" for me with that brand.

Hope this helps.

I use a cup, too and I've never had any problems deciphering results. My regular brand is Wondfo and I get a clear positive when the time comes. The only reason I went with Answer this month is because I ran out of Wondfo due to a cancelled order by Amazon. They reseller ran out of supplies. :shrug:

I'll get the ClearBlue smileys, which is unfortunate for my wallet, if I don't get a positive with my one and only Wondfo I have left.

The order from Amazon should be delivered next week and, at this point, I'm hoping I won't need them at all.

These Answers are not faulty per se, it just seems they don't really react to the hormones in my sample. Maybe the sensitivity doesn't match what I produce, etc. I mean, who cares. It's just frustrating that it doesn't work and, well, that I wasted money.

Last night I tested with both a Wondfo (yes, ok, wasted one just like that) and an Answer and the Wondfo was reasonably close to a positive (OPK+ is kind of expected today), whereas the Answer stick barely had a CONTROL line showing.

Hope this helps someone, too. :)

Well I looked at the reviews online and it seemed to me a lot of women had that problem with the answer ones. But there's 2 different answer opk's I found out. Theres ones that are just the strip and others that look like a hpt. The ones that are just strips apparently aren't as sensitive as the others. That's why I got the digitals.

*nods* You are correct Mrsh. The 20 day sample ones are for those women who don't have regular periods and my dr. told that getting those are a waste of money since im regular and that they aren't as sensitive.. plus they have to all be used within 30 days once you open up the package... BOO. I use the 7 day supply ones that are like hpt tests. Maybe that is why im having better luck with them than others.

At any rate... i don't think there is any one right or wrong opk brand... just find what best works for you, and keep it in stock :)

This is our first cycle actively ttc so I honestly didn't know what to get. Before when we were nttp I was regularly 28 days. But just as soon as we decide to ttc I have a 36 day cycle. Haha go figure. So I've yet to get a positive o. Hopefully when we go on our anniversary trip on the 8th!

That's what I got, the 7 day supply package.

Bad, bad, bad.

Off to spend some more money because I need to have something before my Amazon pack arrives.

Tested with Answer and ClearBlue easy (not digital), from the same urine sample.

ClearBlue pretty close to positive.
Answer barely any CONTROL line, zero test line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->