Ant Placenta grade 1? - Confused

addie140910

Reaction score
So I went for my 24 week scan last week and they did the scan 3D said baby was fine but they couldn't print the picture because the cord was in front of her face, but that they would try again next month, and that everything looked great.

They gave me paperwork to give to my doctor (which is just a report of the scan that they did) and on the report everything is circled normal, but next to placenta the word (ant) is circled and (grade 1)

What does this mean? I wouldn't have even found out accept for that I am snoopy and wanted to see what the paperwork said. From what read online this means nothing aside from the fact that people with an anterior placenta cannot feel the baby move until later on.

But I think that I do not have this, or that this cannot be the case because I have been feeling my baby flutter and move from about 13-14 weeks, and I feel her move everyday, quite strongly when she feels like it. We can feel her on the outside now too. Which makes me think if I did have this I would not be feeling her moving, as strongly or as much.

What do you think?

I have anterior also and have felt LO since the end of the 10th week, so it doesn't mean you won't feel LO. I pretty much feel her every day now.

ant (anterior) is the location and the grade is like the health of the placenta because it naturally ages during the course of a pregnancy. some grading scales are 0-3 some are 1-3...getting a 1 is good :)

hopefully this helps alittle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"