Antenatal clinic @ hospital Q

gymfiend

Mum to Guy - March 2010
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Hoping someone can put my mind at rest. Just received a letter through to say I have an appointment at the antenatal clinic at the hospital at exactly 14 weeks. I had my 12 wk scan on Tuesday and the sonographer said everything was fine, this has just got me a bit worried, is it normal?

do they say what its for? are you under consultant led care? I am under consultant led care and had an appointment with my consultant at 16 weeks just to talk about what care I will be getting through the rest of my pregnancy. If you arent under consultant led care and werent expecting it - I would give them a call xxxx

I'm seeing an endocronologist consultant throughout, but usually I get those appointments seperately and they state on them that they're the endo/obstetric clinic, this one just says antenatal? Also, I've seen my midwife at the GP's before now, and will be seeing her soon at exactly 13 weeks - just seems a lot of appointments?! I'm so confused :s Nervous to call them in case they think I'm stupid?!

I've had combined care. I see my MW every few weeks and then I also go up to the antenatal clinic at the hospital. I dont really get why it has to be combined care, it's easier for me to go see my MW at my GP's surgery but that's the way it seems to be in this area :shrug:

Give them a ring. They won't think you are stupid. No point worrying about it for another couple of weeks. To be honest if it was anything 'bad' they would want to see you much sooner. Fingers crossed everything is ok x x

If anyone is being stupid sweets, its probably them! Give them a call - its the only way you'll find out for sure and otherwise you'll be worrying about this all weekend.

Let us know what they say.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"