Antenatal Depression

greats

Mommy!
Reaction score
Is anyone else struggling with this? I've been diagnosed with anxiety in the past, but never full depression. With my last 2 pregnancies I felt totally normal, so was shocked to realize and become diagnosed with antenatal depression.

I feel like I'm stuck in this rut and I can't get out. My doctor put me on Zoloft 50mg, but so far I feel no difference whatsoever. I am struggling. All I want to do is sleep. I struggle to get dressed out of my pajamas. I don't do my hair or makeup anymore. I rarely clean (thank god my husband doesn't mind cleaning for me!). I feel so blah and helpless all day long. It's a battle just to drag myself to take a shower.

Anyone else struggling? This is all so new to me. I'm terrified that this will last the entire pregnancy.

I haven't got any experience of antenatal depression but a lot of what you describe is how I've felt in this and previous first trimesters. I think the tiredness and general nausea can amplify those feelings of just wanting to hide away, depression or not. That's not to say that you haven't got something more going on, I just mean that things are likely worse now because of common first tri symptoms. Hopefully once they ease, you'll find things easier to manage. You've done all the right things and have a doc keeping an eye on you, so I'm sure you'll get through this.

I haven't got experience of antenatal depression either but I just wanted to say that you are a brave and wonderful woman and I hope when you read this you smile :)

We are all here to support you and if you ever need a chat feel free to message me.

As previous poster said- you some of how you feel may be related to first tri symptoms.

Just try to make sure you are eating well and have people around you.

sending you lots of love x:hugs:

Drs are quick to prescribe meds. Are you sure it's not just ms and first trimester making u feel crappy? I spend 3 months on my couch sick and unable to eat I lived in pjs with 2 other kids...it passes though it wasn't my mental state but rather my physical that was getting me down. However I don't know how you really feel so I cAnt really say for sure...

Yes, I also have struggled with depression during the pregnancy. Some days are better than others, and I do think it's caused by the hormones and also feeling out of your comfort zone. Be kind to yourself and try to take it easy. Watch funny things on TV, try and do fun stuff when time allows it and you feel up to it...I think in the end it will all be okay, it usually is.

Thanks guys. Today was better than yesterday, but only marginally. I just hate feeling so blah all the time. Xo

Hey you know low iron / anemia can also give us complete lethargy & ferlings of drpression. It's also really bad for baby's brain development if you're anemic. Maybe get tested for this to ensure it isn't low iron? I've been depressed when I was in my 20's and it's got to be a double whammy if you're pregnant & feeling tired too. But ensure that doctor didn't misdiagnose you for lack of a general health check up. Sometimes I wonder if they get kickbacks from these big pharma companies for prescribing hastily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->