Anterior placenta and movement

DivaMommy2Be

Reaction score
I know this will probably sound stupid but I'm starting to get a little gutted that my placenta is anterior (high) I'm 25 weeks and I really didn't think it was making a difference to what I could feel. I can see her kicking me and sometimes it's hard enough to make me jump.

But speaking to other mums I don't think I feel as much as others who don't have an anterior placenta. I would have said she's quite active until I heard how much movement other women can feel at 24/25 weeks. I can feel her now but the last time I felt her properly kicking me was at 6am this morning, it's almost 4 now.

Has anyone else got an anterior placenta? Does it affect what you can or can't feel. I'm hoping I'll get to feel her more and more in the next few weeks.

Yes i do and i usually only feel movement after meals or at night when im laying down

I had an anterior placenta last time and have again this time round! I don't think I ever felt as much activity as I would have done otherwise which was a little disappointing but I felt baby moving which was still amazing :) And I did get some good hard kicks towards the end!

I had an anterior placenta with my second and sadly it does make you feel less :/ with my first i felt flutters at around 16 weeks and could feel baby being very active all the time, but then with my daughter i didn't feel het kick until 22-23 weeks and it was only when she kicked in certain places :/ some days i wouldn't feel at all until i laid down and had a good poke around lol, i hated not feeling baby as much as my first was really really active (always on the go now!)

I wouldn't let it ruin enjoying your pregnancy and it just makes it that bit more special when you do feel them :) xx

I've had an anterior placenta in all my pregnancies. Unfortunately it does hinder when begin to feel baby moving and also the extent of the movements too. It is gutting.

I'm 18 weeks today with my third pregnancy and I'm still waiting to feel baby move. I know all is well with him as I've been having regular scans with the last being Tuesday just gone. But alas I'm having to wait for the movements.

My last 2 have been. Definitely feel her but not nearly as strong and foreceful as my first two!

Ive got a gut feeling mines gona be at the front this time...ive felt hardly anything...and I can hear really loudly what I think is placenta on my Doppler...:(..xx

I had one with my first and I didn't feel a thing until I was 24 weeks. He was also frank breech and they tend to not move quite as much. I didn't really notice the difference until my last pregnancy where I felt like I was being constantly beat up LOL. Then I could look back and see how much less obvious the movement was. I still felt movement with the AP, it just wasn't as obvious and never woke me up. Babies are all different too though - some do way more gymnastics than others in utero.

I just found out I have an anterior placenta, which honestly made me feel a little better. I had been worried about being 18 weeks and not even feeling flutters. Looking forward to finally feeling her move!

Yes, I have one but am still feeling a lot of kicks very low down, near my public hair line. I've felt next to nothing any higher up though so assume it's still too cushioned. I felt the first two big thumps at 16.5 weeks but it took another week or so until I felt it again... And probably until about week 20 until it was anything like daily.

I have had 2 anteriors--it does pact what you feel :/ it's disappointing :/ when I had posterior, I felt so much movement from 17 weeks--huge movement in the 20a. With anterior-I had nothing until 22 wks and even then it was minimal :/

Aw damn, I was sure I was feeling a lot. Like a pp said, I felt a lot of mine low down at first. She was constantly moving and summersaulting. I'm thinking now she's mostly staying was down which is maybe why her kicks are padded?

My DH has been able to feel her tho, she can kick so strongly sometimes it makes me gasp, and I can get it on video. DH has been able to lay his head on my tummy and get kicked. Think that's how I convinced myself I'd feel everything fine. But I'm noticing it now :(

Thanks everyone

I know this will probably sound stupid but I'm starting to get a little gutted that my placenta is anterior (high) I'm 25 weeks and I really didn't think it was making a difference to what I could feel. I can see her kicking me and sometimes it's hard enough to make me jump.

But speaking to other mums I don't think I feel as much as others who don't have an anterior placenta. I would have said she's quite active until I heard how much movement other women can feel at 24/25 weeks. I can feel her now but the last time I felt her properly kicking me was at 6am this morning, it's almost 4 now.

Has anyone else got an anterior placenta? Does it affect what you can or can't feel. I'm hoping I'll get to feel her more and more in the next few weeks.

i had this with my last son, ididnt feel much at all until like the end and the baby was bigger...even then and my x didnt feel him the whole entire pregnancy..was sort of gutted :(

I have an anterior this time too, not sure what I had last time but i'm guessing posterior. Felt Jamie do really big kicks from 17 weeks, i've felt a few wriggles with this one but not regularly or massive movements. :flower:

I also have one but it's low. Unfortunately so is my baby. Every appointment the dr always comments on how low she is. Sometimes I only feel her once a day and it makes me so nervous..... However every month or so she moves high for a day and I feel her a TON more.

I hav felt kicks pretty low down...on my bladder usually lol...and to the sides of my abdomen... i have felt rolls aswell a few times and also the kicks are becomin stronger now since the last few days i can even feel.them at the front where im.sure my placenta is...n its supposed to be anterior aswell...pretty strange

Hi I have anterior high placenta too, it my first pregnancy but have had flutters from 11 weeks and kicks from 16 weeks so I dont think its made much difference, well I hope not anyway!

I can feel lots :/ and mine is anterior!
and they are very strong!! but my last pregnancy was so long ago and i couldn't say if it is less than last time or not ... but yeah the kicks are everywhere and really strong and all day long :s bit confusing

i have a anterior placenta but ive been feeling movements since 16 weeks, sometimes theyre by my belly button but mostly down low and its usually when im lying down that theyre high. Midwife never mentioned anything about less movemebts etc so i didnt know until reading here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->