Anterior placenta but... UPDATE.

Misscalais

Reaction score
I can feel so much movement! This last week i have felt baby move sooo much, i can't believe it!! I felt him/her from the outside with my hand as well. Im wondering if maybe the lady who scanned me got it wrong or can some people feel normal movement even with an anterior placenta?

EDIT.
So it turns out my suspicions were correct and my placenta is not anterior this time its posterior lol!!! Anyone know if it can move from anterior to posterior or was the sono just incorrect?

I have an anterior placenta, and have felt movement from 16 weeks everyday. Even moreso lately she's a wriggler. I've been wondering the same thing myself!

I have an anterior placenta too but I feel regular movement and quite strong as well!

Just depends how high or low your anterior placenta is... Mine covered the whole front, so I couldn't feel movement until 19w6d with my 2nd baby... With my first I felt movement at 15w6d!

I had an anterior placenta both times but it was low and to the side slightly. I realised that I felt most of my movements in one area and asked the sonographer about it he confirmed that was the area that there was no placenta. The next time guessed that my placenta was on the other side and I was right.

I can feel so much movement! This last week i have felt baby move sooo much, i can't believe it!! I felt him/her from the outside with my hand as well. Im wondering if maybe the lady who scanned me got it wrong or can some people feel normal movement even with an anterior placenta?

I'm in the same boat! Can't believe how much I am feeling since 18 weeks. I am a FTM and have anterior placenta but I feel more than 10 movements in 5 minutes 3-4 times a day. Very hard kicks, OH can feel them from the outside most times as well.

Can be a little overstimulating when coupled with sickness or gasiness!

Thanks ladies!! I had an anterior last time as well but most of my movement i felt to the sides but still felt him a lot
This time im feeling the movement right at the front about 3cm below my belly button and to the right side
So im wondering if maybe its more the the left.

I had an anterior with DS and only felt stronger kicks around 20 weeks. Beginning to wonder whether I've got one again, perhaps a little higher than before as only feeling movements really low down. Got over another 3 weeks before I'll find out.

I had an anterior placenta with Thomas and felt WAY more movement with him than Sophie (posterior).

I had anterior placentas with all 3 of my LO's, I didn't feel movement until 20 weeks with DS, 21 weeks with DD1 but I felt DD2 from 14 weeks! DH could feel movements from the outside at 16 or 17 weeks. I assumed I must have a posterior placenta (I didn't find out the position until my 20 week scan) but nope, it was in the same place as the others.

So interesting lol i can definitely feel bub. I can feel him/her right now in fact lol kicking away. He/she didn't like having my scan done on Wednesday and kept pushing against the wand. I can also feel baby from the outside as well. Sono didn't mention to me about my placenta at this scan either which is annoying lol ill ask the mw on Tuesday if it says on my paper work of it is actually anterior :)

My first pregnancy was anterior placenta and I didn't feel anything I think it took till maybe 25 weeks. Can't remember too well but I do remember my 20 week scan my son moving a lot and I couldn't feel a thing! So I asked the sonographer and she told me it's normal and maybe won't feel much till 24 weeks+

This time I'm feeling movements but I have no clue where placenta is. Should know end of the month at my scan hopefully :)

So turns out i don't have an anterior placenta its posterior!

That's sure interesting! No wonder you were feeling lots of movement!
I know, im still unsure if the sono got it wrong the 1st time or if it moved between 13 weeks and 18 weeks. Is that even possible lol i have no idea.

EDIT.
So it turns out my suspicions were correct and my placenta is not anterior this time its posterior lol!!! Anyone know if it can move from anterior to posterior or was the sono just incorrect?

Yes, placentas can move and shift. Also anterior moves up the further into your pregnancy you progress... That's why you can finally feel movement.

5th baby but first time with anterior placenta I hate it :-( can't feel much at all and worrys me lots, but had a scan and my baby barely moves at all anyway! Either very lazy or somethings not right x

5th baby but first time with anterior placenta I hate it :-( can't feel much at all and worrys me lots, but had a scan and my baby barely moves at all anyway! Either very lazy or somethings not right x

I know how you feel. I had a posterior placenta with my first and dislike this anterior experience. Finally started feeling the strong movements at about 20 weeks.

Have you just had the one scan? If I go in early for a scan, baby is always chilling and moving very little, but if I go in after lunch, I get lots more movement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->