Anterior placenta but... UPDATE.

I think I'm experiencing my first anterior placenta. Haven't felt baby once since 13-14 weeks not even a niggle but scan last week and midwife with doppler 5 days ago shows a happy baby x

That's sure interesting! No wonder you were feeling lots of movement!
I know, im still unsure if the sono got it wrong the 1st time or if it moved between 13 weeks and 18 weeks. Is that even possible lol i have no idea.

The placenta cant move as such. Its your uterus that stretches so its like putting a pen mark on a balloon. Once the balloon is fully blown up it can look like the mark is in a different place. Your uterus mostly stretches from the bottom as it grows which is why your placenta 'moves' up during pregnancy. I'm not sure it could move from the front to the back though, it sounds more like there was a mistake.

I think I'm experiencing my first anterior placenta. Haven't felt baby once since 13-14 weeks not even a niggle but scan last week and midwife with doppler 5 days ago shows a happy baby x
Hope you feel some movement really soon!

The placenta cant move as such. Its your uterus that stretches so its like putting a pen mark on a balloon. Once the balloon is fully blown up it can look like the mark is in a different place. Your uterus mostly stretches from the bottom as it grows which is why your placenta 'moves' up during pregnancy. I'm not sure it could move from the front to the back though, it sounds more like there was a mistake.
That makes sense. I had another scan today and placenta is definitely posterior. I have a retroverted uterus, im not sure if that makes a difference?

This sounds exactly like me, had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel movement until 21 weeks. With this baby I have been felling movements since very early on, 15 weeks was the first few definite kicks. Went for a private scan at 16 weeks which said placenta anterior I said wow I'm shocked at that I've been feeling movements. She checked again and said it's anterior but slightly on the side so you might be lucky! Was still feeling movements very regularly and at my 20 week scan they said posterior!!! I was like huh can it move that much? And she said they must have got it wrong. Maybe they did with you too x

This sounds exactly like me, had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel movement until 21 weeks. With this baby I have been felling movements since very early on, 15 weeks was the first few definite kicks. Went for a private scan at 16 weeks which said placenta anterior I said wow I'm shocked at that I've been feeling movements. She checked again and said it's anterior but slightly on the side so you might be lucky! Was still feeling movements very regularly and at my 20 week scan they said posterior!!! I was like huh can it move that much? And she said they must have got it wrong. Maybe they did with you too x
Wow. Yeah im thinking so, cause ive been feeling bub move since 12 weeks and i thought theres no way id be feeling flutters this early with an anterior placenta.

5th baby but first time with anterior placenta I hate it :-( can't feel much at all and worrys me lots, but had a scan and my baby barely moves at all anyway! Either very lazy or somethings not right x

I know how you feel. I had a posterior placenta with my first and dislike this anterior experience. Finally started feeling the strong movements at about 20 weeks.

Have you just had the one scan? If I go in early for a scan, baby is always chilling and moving very little, but if I go in after lunch, I get lots more movement!

Went for a scan again and baby just in a ball not even a wriggle, good strong heartbeat though :shrug:
My placenta is all the way from the top near my gut and folding down towards the exit! Gutted! I do feel the odd movements around the four corners of the 'pillow' so to speak
So if it doesn't push up out of the way as baby grows, c section is the only way out for mine xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
Went for a scan again and baby just in a ball not even a wriggle, good strong heartbeat though :shrug:
My placenta is all the way from the top near my gut and folding down towards the exit! Gutted! I do feel the odd movements around the four corners of the 'pillow' so to speak
So if it doesn't push up out of the way as baby grows, c section is the only way out for mine xx
Oh no. Fingers crossed it moves up for you! Cheeky bubba! Must have been sleeping lol

Mine started low both times and ended up high enough. You are still early so you have a very good chance of it getting out of the way, especially if it is just near the exit and not covering it.

Hi girls :hi:

I'm in the same boat! :wacko:

My first pregnancy I could feel my daughter moving from 14 weeks onwards, by 16 weeks very prominent kicks. I had a posterior placenta with her pregnancy.

I am now 17 weeks with twins, and have two anterior placentas, making movement less easy to detect. I started feeling flutters early on from 12 weeks, but since about 14 weeks the movement has been difficult to determine & feel. Today I am just finally starting to feel much stronger and more regular movement. Makes me feel less anxious when I can feeling them moving about!

For what it's worth, I asked the sonographer when she told me both of my babies placentas are anterior if the placentas can move. She said no, they don't move. She said they can lift upwards slightly, but they don't change position - for example they won't move from anterior to posterior :shrug:

xx

I have been told I have the same. Not sure if its high or low but I will definitely be asking next visit. I also have been feeling a lot of kicking. Even early on so I am not sure how accurate it is when they say, "you will most likely not feel anything."

My NT scan report at 12w said my placenta was anterior, but I'm 14w today and felt little popcorn popping "flutters" for the first time. I'm hesitant to believe it was actually baby with everything I've been reading about anterior placentas, but it was just so surreal and unlike anything I've ever felt!

I can feel so much movement! This last week i have felt baby move sooo much, i can't believe it!! I felt him/her from the outside with my hand as well. Im wondering if maybe the lady who scanned me got it wrong or can some people feel normal movement even with an anterior placenta?

EDIT.
So it turns out my suspicions were correct and my placenta is not anterior this time its posterior lol!!! Anyone know if it can move from anterior to posterior or was the sono just incorrect?

I got told mine was anterior at my 20 week scan.. It confused me as I had already been told at a 16 week gender scan it was poterior. Had to have a repeat scan with someone else who said no it's posterior since been confirmed at private 4d scan! Don't think it would move from front to back more to sonographer error.. The lady that told it was at the front was useless!!

Only have had the one scan thus far and the tech said it was low-lying and anterior but not low enough to warrant a rescan in any of the coming weeks.....
But just the other night I was putting pressure on my belly with my fingers and hands and I felt a foot just hit my hand! I almost cried. OH has been able to feel the movements and even watch my belly twitch and roll. I wonder what they are doing in there.....

I got told mine was anterior at my 20 week scan.. It confused me as I had already been told at a 16 week gender scan it was poterior. Had to have a repeat scan with someone else who said no it's posterior since been confirmed at private 4d scan! Don't think it would move from front to back more to sonographer error.. The lady that told it was at the front was useless!!
Yep. Ive had 2 scans now that have said posterior, my NT scan was where it was said to be anterior.
Very confusing lol but i knew once i started feeling more movement it definitely wasn't anterior because it just felt totally different to the movement i felt with last bub and it was anterior with him.

Only have had the one scan thus far and the tech said it was low-lying and anterior but not low enough to warrant a rescan in any of the coming weeks.....
But just the other night I was putting pressure on my belly with my fingers and hands and I felt a foot just hit my hand! I almost cried. OH has been able to feel the movements and even watch my belly twitch and roll. I wonder what they are doing in there.....
Aww so cute!!! DH felt bub for the 1st time last night and even though its our 4th his face was priceless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->