anterior placenta - does it stop you feeling baby as much?

eulmh82

Reaction score
I've heard it can mean you feel the baby later on etc. I do feel him kick but not loads. Also the fluttery feeling has gone and now it's just the odd kick (or thump) is that what everybody feels?

anterior placenta basically means that your placenta is at the front like a little cushion so baby kicks wont be as strong or wont feel them much hun x

ah boo :( I do feel him but not as much as I thought - and I've read by now it should feel like I have a little gymnast inside me. 20 wk scan was fine so not concerned as such just want to feel him more

I recently found out that I have an anterior placenta and I was disappointed because I know it means I won't feel the baby as well or as soon. :(

i have an anterior placenta and just yesterday started to feel proper kicks!:happydance: Still not as often as other people but i'm so happy!
Before it was just popping and fluttering really low down.

I had it with 1 son and 1 daugher the rest were posterior ...im sure your buba is perfectly fine but I know what you mean hun but as buba grows hopefully placenta may move :) xx

I have mine at the front and it bothers me when i can't feel my baby inside me! i didn't feel him move till about 24 weeks (so every time i had a scan i always worry somethings wrong, even when i see the midwife i worry something wrong). and i think i can start feeling kicks so i am over the moon that i can finally feel him as much now - even though i still don't think its enough!

I have one anterior and one posterior. So far I am not sure that the lil flutters I have felt weren't actually gas lol. I was wondering if I could feel the posterior baby less too cause the anterior one got in the way?

With my last baby I had an anterior placenta and I felt plenty of kicks and movement (from the inside, if that makes sense). The only thing was that my hubby wasn't able to feel anything from the outside. I'd say the whole 9 months he probably only felt baby twice. :(

i have just found out my placenta is at the front but i have been feeling him since about 15 flutters and for the past few days stronger kicks but i have been told OH wont feel him for a few weeks yet as it will cushion the kicks from the outside

Hi I feel twin 1 on my right hand side alot now, as I have a posterior placenta. But twin 2 on my left hand side has an anterior placenta and I don't think I have felt this baby yet! x

I have an anterior and high placenta. I felt popping at 12 weeks and have felt popping and thumps getting more frequent every week. I feel baby daily now. I've only felt a few flutters and bigger type movements though. Some of megans first movements I felt were flutters but didn't feel her til 17 weeks. And had a posterior placenta with her.

My scan tech last week was surprised when she asked if I was feeling the baby yet. As she said it's common to not feel as early with being anterior. I think I am able to feel below the placenta though... As although it is in front its not blocking the whole front... Just the top portion.

I had an anterior and high placenta- i felt (and so did DH) the baby fine- what I did notice that if she did kick the placenta I would see it from the outside but not feel it. It can be a blessing in 3rd tri- in that it can dull some of the bigger kicks down that interrupt your sleep

I have an anterior and high placenta. I felt popping at 12 weeks and have felt popping and thumps getting more frequent every week. I feel baby daily now. I've only felt a few flutters and bigger type movements though. Some of megans first movements I felt were flutters but didn't feel her til 17 weeks. And had a posterior placenta with her.

My scan tech last week was surprised when she asked if I was feeling the baby yet. As she said it's common to not feel as early with being anterior. I think I am able to feel below the placenta though... As although it is in front its not blocking the whole front... Just the top portion.

I'm the same as you. I've felt her since the end of the 10th week. I can only feel her low though (but every time they've checked she has been low).

My baby boy's placenta is anterior I definitely feel him but not half as much as I feel my baby girl. Some days I can feel him a lot more than others but again not as much as my baby girl who never seems to stop kicking and punching :D

I had an anterior and high placenta- i felt (and so did DH) the baby fine- what I did notice that if she did kick the placenta I would see it from the outside but not feel it. It can be a blessing in 3rd tri- in that it can dull some of the bigger kicks down that interrupt your sleep

Me too! I thought I was just imagining it and kept shaking it off as a trick of the eye (if I cant feel it, how can I possibly be seeing it)... but you've confirmed for me that I am not a whack job! lol.

If anything, even if I dont feel a thing, I just want DH to be able to feel the baby kick soon. He got so much more in touch with this pregnancy since we found out the sex as it enabled him to envisage life ahead of us and bond with the baby. Feeling her kick would just take the daddy-baby bonding to the next level. Only problem is that I cant tell when the baby is moving to alert him to come have a feel from the outside. Doh!

Oh I should mention even thought my boy's placenta is anterior DH and I still see him move on the outside and both DH and I have felt him on the outside

It's funny I posted this because today i felt some proper kicks :) can;t feel them from the outside though so hubby will have to wait. I do feel them quite low down. Thanks for all the replies

I have had a posterior one my whole life and the ultra sound techs say by about 12 weeks it rights itself but to be honest this time around I'm 14 weeks and only feel the odd popping feeling not so much flutters anymore but last pregnancy it was very fluttery so don't know really ??? I hope I start to feel some real kicks soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->