Anterior placenta??

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
I noticed on my notes it says I have an anterior placenta which I believe is infront of baby? I've heard that people wont be able to feel it kick and that it can cause problems. I'm really happy about my scan but worried now about this..

With my last pregnancy, I had anterior placenta and I started feeling movements around 17-18 weeks.

Thanks! That's good to hear :) It's my first pg so trying to figure out what it meant x

Nobody ever mentioned it to me at any of my doctor's appointments so I was like you and looked it up. I didn't have any problems caused by that though! :thumbup:

I had it with my last pregnancy and all MW said was that I might not feel kicks as early as most women, but I felt baby first move at 17 weeks; he was also my first pregnancy.

I have an AP and I felt this monkey at 16+0. Mine was on the left, but it didn't hamper the right side! He is a wiggler and I feel him all the time now.

My first baby was an anterior placenta and i pnly felt him really kick at 22weeks, i know when i went for my 20 week scan the sonographer was also preggers and she asked if i was feeling thr baby kick and i was like errrr no...

Aw ok that's not too bad I feel a little disappointed as I can't wait to feel baby kick. Do you know if at 12 weeks it could shift to the side or is it always anterior now?

I had the same Hun with dd I felt early moments but very irregular till I was 23 weeks ?

Never heard of it causing problems tho ! X

I had the same come up on my 21 scan notes. They didnt mention anything to me at the time as its one of the 4 normal positions. I since read that it can make you feel kicks a bit later. I have certainly been feeling movements especially since about 20 weeks however i am now at 21 weeks + 3 days and have not felt a proper kick yet where as my friends who were a few weeks ahead had felt proper kicks by now...I'm sure they will come as he is defo wriggling around alot in the evening. Its my partner i feel sorry for as is really eager to feel something! I'm hoping for kicks soon :)

I had an anterior placenta with my first and felt him kick at 16 weeks then proper movements at 18 weeks :thumbup:

I had the same come up on my 21 scan notes. They didnt mention anything to me at the time as its one of the 4 normal positions. I since read that it can make you feel kicks a bit later. I have certainly been feeling movements especially since about 20 weeks however i am now at 21 weeks + 3 days and have not felt a proper kick yet where as my friends who were a few weeks ahead had felt proper kicks by now...I'm sure they will come as he is defo wriggling around alot in the evening. Its my partner i feel sorry for as is really eager to feel something! I'm hoping for kicks soon :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't wait to feel baby kick hope you feel a little karate chop or something soon :) do you know if the placenta will always be Infront or if it can shift as baby grows? Sorry if this is a silly question lol! It's my first pregnancy and I had to do a little investigating as the sonographer didn't mention anything. I guess she would only have told me if I had a low lying one which could have caused problems for me. My OH wants to feel kicks now haha! Can't see that happening :) x

I had an anterior placenta with my first and felt him kick at 16 weeks then proper movements at 18 weeks :thumbup:

Yay that's good to hear! Hope I feel baby before 20 weeks too :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't wait to feel baby kick hope you feel a little karate chop or something soon :) do you know if the placenta will always be Infront or if it can shift as baby grows? Sorry if this is a silly question lol! It's my first pregnancy and I had to do a little investigating as the sonographer didn't mention anything. I guess she would only have told me if I had a low lying one which could have caused problems for me. My OH wants to feel kicks now haha! Can't see that happening :) x

I had exactly the same experience because its not low lying its considered normal and therefore not mentioned. My friend who is a few weeks ahead actually has a low lying anterior and have to go back for a rescan in the new year to see if its moved and check the positioning. Therefore i guess it can move but im not sure by how much, i dont think it would completly switch sides but im much the same as you just finding out on the internet. I did feel flutters from about 18 weeks onwards im just waiting for that karate chop where i can say thats the baby kicking. With the low lying Anterior friend they have felt some big kicks from about 20 weeks, they are at 24 weeks now and last weekend the partner actually could see the kick so he is properly karate kicking now! :)

I had exactly the same experience because its not low lying its considered normal and therefore not mentioned. My friend who is a few weeks ahead actually has a low lying anterior and have to go back for a rescan in the new year to see if its moved and check the positioning. Therefore i guess it can move but im not sure by how much, i dont think it would completly switch sides but im much the same as you just finding out on the internet. I did feel flutters from about 18 weeks onwards im just waiting for that karate chop where i can say thats the baby kicking. With the low lying Anterior friend they have felt some big kicks from about 20 weeks, they are at 24 weeks now and last weekend the partner actually could see the kick so he is properly karate kicking now! :)

At my 12 week scan I was 11+5 but baby was measuring a week ahead so I'm now pretty much in 2nd tri but the sonographer was so so moody and sarcastic! She hardly told me nothing.. Apart from baby had two arms and two legs..-_-I'm so glad for this forum and people who have experienced it all before.
Aw glad your friend and her OH can feel baby doing the karate chops now :) I've never felt anything like that so I'm not sure what it will feel like. Kind of strange I imagine! Haha
I'm sure you will feel kicks soon from your bubba :)

I had the same with my baby boy & felt kicks around 22 weeks so please don't worry x

At my 12 week scan I was 11+5 but baby was measuring a week ahead so I'm now pretty much in 2nd tri but the sonographer was so so moody and sarcastic! She hardly told me nothing.. Apart from baby had two arms and two legs..-_-

Wow. How rude! Hope you get a much nicer person next time! :growlmad: I probably would have said, "no sh!t" if she said that to me. But that's not always very appropriate to say to strangers. lol

Hope you get to feel your baby sooner rather than later!! Fx :hugs:

At my 12 week scan I was 11+5 but baby was measuring a week ahead so I'm now pretty much in 2nd tri but the sonographer was so so moody and sarcastic! She hardly told me nothing.. Apart from baby had two arms and two legs..-_-

Wow. How rude! Hope you get a much nicer person next time! :growlmad: I probably would have said, "no sh!t" if she said that to me. But that's not always very appropriate to say to strangers. lol

Hope you get to feel your baby sooner rather than later!! Fx :hugs:

I know she was awful I could have hit her lol but of course I just layed there while she poked my tummy incredibly hard!:growlmad:
Thanks hun I hope so too :hugs:

I had an anterior placenta with DD, i felt her kick at 17 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back